1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Sucking My Thumb....

Discussion in 'General' started by EmoxxKid, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmoxxKid

EmoxxKid Active Member

Ok…*breaths deep*

This will seem dumb to a lot of you. I know this because it is simply one of the dumbest you have probably ever heard of but…

I still…suck my thumb. I have done it for ever.

I was wondering does anyone else out there do this…or ..do you have any type of thing you do like it?

Just wondering..

Don’t laugh to hard…

Geneva

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Geneva,

My daughter sucked her thumb even after she was married. I don't know if she still does, but she is 35 now. It's a comfort thing when you are a baby, it's the natural sucking motion. As you grow older it becomes a habit, and I suspect still within the comfort zone.

4. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Geneva, I did this until about a year ago (I am 24). I did it a lot when I was living alone and without my family, I think it gave me comfort. It also helped me to fall asleep at night. I also have a small square of my baby blanket (from when I was a baby) that I still sleep with. I sort of sniff it lol while I'm going to sleep. I have a hard time sleeping without it. I wouldn't feel embarrassed, as far as I'm concerned it's better than biting your nails or smoking! Those are oral fixation activities too and I think they are worse than thumb sucking.

5. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

No worries, Geneva.

6. EmoxxKid

EmoxxKid Active Member

haha...I have a little lamb I hold and like sniff to....I love that damn thing!
    I also...bite my nails and smoke......and suck my thumb...lol....my god that sounds bad on paper.

Anyways...I understand and thanks for all your comments everyone;)

7. 2quilt

2quilt I'm a VIP

I sucked my first finger in public until I was fourteen years old, with a kleenex in my hand as a substitute blanket when I could not take my baby blanket with me to school. Just
    imagine that as a teenager.
    chew my nails, and I will need a rubber nightguard in my mouth over my teeth all my life to protect my teeth because I chew all night while I sleep.

I am so glad I am not alone.

8. EmoxxKid

EmoxxKid Active Member

I know what you mean...I have sucked my thumb since the day I was born...I tryed to hide it...but....that's failing...

and NO you are SOOOO not alone;)