• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Sufferer With Health Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glara

MyPTSD Pro
The day my sufferer broke it off, he also told me about a health issue. He needed to get to a Dr, but couldn't get an appt Until now, that was I March. He had a lump he needed checked. Last night I asked how his appt went and he said the Dr is very concerned, he needs imaging.

My question is, do I check in? I asked him to keep me posted. I'm freaking out. I don't want to put pressure on him, so I don't know how to respond. Any advice is welcomed!

I guess you could say, "So, when will you be getting the imaging done?" or some such question. Make sure it is a question, so he has some kind of choice in the matter. Be gentle, also, so if he says he has not made the appointment, you might just say something like, "Well, I hope you do make that appointment soon, because I think the sooner something like that is looked at, the sooner it can be handled." If you are afraid for him, you might confess that to him. But the one thing you don't want to do is nag him, so try to get these questions out at a time you know he is there, not dissociating. And may God be with you and him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back