• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Sufferers, Do You Multitask Well?

Do you multitask well?

• yes

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justmehere

Sponsor
I seemed to multitask well when I have a little anxiety for a short period of time. It's like the adrenaline helps me focus on many things at once.

But if the anxiety gets much worse, or lasts very long, I'm complete crap at doing more than one thing at a time.

In general, the worse my PTSD symptoms are, the less I can multitask.

And yet, I somehow always have more than 10 pages open on my browser...

I used to be an administrative/events/operations/project manager. Ummm, nope, not anymore. Looking for something else as I burned out and can't manage running on too many tracks at one time these days. Some days, barely one track is more than enough for me. Anxiety is high though as I don't have that "busyness" to structure my world.

I used to be an administrative/events/operations/project manager. Ummm, nope, not anymore. Loo...

Yes, i understand the burnout. I got to the point i couldnt remember passwords to get into different systems or what i did the day before. I went down quickly, it happened multiple times in the past 15 yrs. I was hospitalized the last time. I was out for 6 months i time and 3 months another time. Breakdowns are extremely difficult to come back from.

Breakdowns are extremely difficult to come back from.

Yes, I completely understand. I'm trying to rally right now and find a new job while I'm still halfway down the spiral. I have to work though. It's all so overwhelming when you're already amped up and burnt out at the same time. It's especially difficult, however, when it happens time and again over a period of years. Sorry to hear you've walked in those shoes as well. I think I slid into addiction as opposed to going into hospital. I bare-knuckled it so that I could take care of my mom.

I'm kind of in the mindset of why try, it's only going to crash and burn. Been struggling with this one this week. Working on my resume today at the career center had me going into orbit as they wanted me to change it from chronological to functional. In my mind, I might as well have told to trim my thesis from 300 pages to 100. It's interesting how anxiety works hand in hand with never/forever lies. :O_o:

My trick for passwords is to store them in an encrypted spreadsheet. There is no way I could remember the multitude of passwords I have. I did the same thing at work for proprietary passwords. I LOVE Excel!!

Yes, I completely understand. I'm trying to rally right now and find a new job while I'm still...

You will rally and you will make it through. I know it doesnt always feel that way. Its like here i go again. I have watched all my peers over the years move up, most are now VP. They dont talk to me anymore, reputation for being mental ill. I know i cant and dont want it. Ahh the salary would be nice but i would break again from the pressure to please. Hang in, i promise it will be better soon. Sending good throughts, love and strenght.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back