1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Suggestions Please - Do I Work on PTSD While in Pain?

Discussion in 'General' started by hollyberry, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

Seeings how I don't have to worry about work anymore. its time to get working on my ptsd. Ive looked at the recommended books, is it ok to begin working on them when my pain is so intense. The intense pain I was feeling yesterday hasn't really surfaced today. I'm not sure why but grateful for the relief. Thats not to say I'm not depressed. But I really do want to get better and wanted some advise on whats the best way to begin working on this. Any suggestions

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Bec posted in the intros a sticky on how to start healing, where to begin. Also, if you are going to start a work book or the like you really need to do that with a therapist. If you have uncontrolled PTSD then you should really be seeing a shrink or therapist of some sort to help you get balanced and relief so you can use the tools taught in healing. Therapy is not only helpful in reprocessing traumas but you learn tools that help you deal with the backlash when you do. You may just make yourself worse if you don't use someone trained in mental health to help guide you on your journey.

4. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

thanks veiled. I've been getting my meds from family doc who doesn't really know me. Therapist is getting me into to see a shrink hopefully this week. God my head hurts today. Was hoping to get to a book store to pick up the handbook but didn't, maybe thats best.

5. baileysemt

baileysemt Active Member

If you feel capable of working on it, do. If you feel overwhelmed and not strong enough to carry the stress of working on it, don't.

Everybody has a different threshhold.

For example, I know without a doubt, those days that I have the inner strength to sit down and work on my workbook... incidentally, for me, those days I also feel like I need to work on my workbook.

But the days I am not strong enough, the days I am really hurting? Heck no. Those days I just hang on and ride it out, clinging to the desperate hope that tomorrow will be better.

It's something you need to gauge and decide for yourself.

:D Bailey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar