• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Super Bowl Snacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making guacamole and having tortilla chips, quesadillas cut up smaller, 5 layer bean dip, and I'm not sure about the rest. Oh, deviled eggs. Everyone loves deviled eggs.I won't be making lunch or dinner so this will be it. What are you making?

My wife makes a kick ass Spinach and Artichoke dip. I ask her to make it for almost any occasion. It's the cat's birthday, you should make that dip!

Popcorn, homemade chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches, cheese and crackers. I never thought of deviled eggs! Love them. I will be making some of those as well.

I couldn't care less, frankly, and I'll be working, but I've been informed that throwing a Super Bowl party for the guys I care for is my job, so I think we're having chips, dip, cake, devilled eggs, and basically whatever else we can frankenstein together in the kitchen. :woot:

I'm not going/watching this year, but my contributions towards the festivities are:

(Dairy Free) Baked Buffalo Wings

Steam chicken wings until cooked through (night before, usually)
Refrigerate until cold
Bake @425 until browned & crispy
Sauce : Crystal Lousiana Hotsauce + Vegan Butter/Margarine
Toss with sauce to coat
Voila!

For those who don't have to worry about dairy or meat&dairy... Frank's Buffalo Sauce is the best commercially available sauce! All buffalo sauce IS, tho, is capsicum hot sauce & butter. So, same goes, those who want something very mild can use Tabasco+Butter, or very hot any of the myriad melt your face off hot sauces+butter. For the battery acid crowd, I just usually add a few drops of ghost pepper, or a 1/4 tsp of Indian hot pepper powder to whatever sauce I'm currently making. The Crystal sauce = the same heat & flavor as Franks.

For more variety... Honey Chipotle, Raspberry Chipotle, Honey Sweet - Serious Heat BBQ, etc. can all be used in place of the Buffalo sauce.

(Dairy Free) Ranch Dressing
- Add dried Parsley, Dill, Chives, & garlic powder to a small bowl of water & microwave until just boiling. Chill in fridge or freezer until cold. Ratio is mostly parsley to a small pinch of dill &
- Combine with Vegan Mayo (herbs first, then enough herby garlicky water to get slightly thinner than you want it).
- Stir in Vegan Cream Cheese until thick & creamy but still a tad lumpy.
- Season w/ Salt* & Pepper to taste
- Dust lightly* with Hungarian smoked paprika
- Fridge to set & keep cool.
- Voila!

* For smokey ranch dressing... Use smoked salt, and a heavy hand with the smoked paprika.

Last edited:
Spinach and Artichoke Dip

• 80z cream cheese - soften
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 14oz can (1 1/2 cups) artichoke hearts - drained and chopped
  • 3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach - thawed and drained of excess water
  • 2 cloves garlic - chopped
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • Olive oil
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, parmesan, romano, mozzarella, sour cream, artichokes, spinach, garlic, basil and red pepper flakes.

Put in baking
Bake in pre-heated oven 375f for 25 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back