• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Support Groups In Nj Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know of support groups in the New Jersey area? I'd even be willing to try and start one up, but I know I would need some help for that.

Hello healingangel90,

I am also in search of a PTSD support group in NJ. Have you had any luck since your posting? What area of NJ are you interested in? I am in the Springfield area.

I haven't found anything, but we're not very far. I'm in the Middlesex area :) If I do find anything, I'll let you know. Or if we don't find anything and find a few more people that are interested, maybe we could start something?

There is a group that I attend for adult suvivors of child abuse. We talk about our PTSD issues as well. It is called H.O.P.E.S. it is a cross talk support group. Not a therapy group. It is a lot like this forum, only face to face. We use safe talk and have rules. We us only "I" statement and speak from our own experiences, getting feedback from others as to what they have gone thought and how they cope in similar situations or just validate that we are all NORMAL in our own special way.

H.O.P.E.S. (Healing Ourselves Physically Emotionally and Spiritually) is a Parents Annonomous Group. You don't have to be a parent to be part of the group. As a matter of fact, I am currently the only parent in the group. It is located in TeaNeck, NJ. the Moderator is Anne Beemsterboer, her contact information is 201-287-0527. The group meets Monday Nights (TONIGHT) at 630pm to 9pm, but the end time isn't set in stone, we often run late. We have open meetings. We are meeting tonight, if you would like to join our group, or just sit in and see if it is for you. We meet at St. Marks Episcopal Church, 118 Chadwick Road, Tea Neck, NJ 07666. Please feel free to contact Anne for more information.

I'd love to find a group in NJ! Seems like a lot of you are up north -- I am in Mercer Co. Here's to hoping we can all find something at some point.

Unfortunately, it seems like you are about 1.5 miles from the Tea Neck group I attend. I too travel to get there, about 1 hour each way. If you are interested, our group meets for 2 hours on Monday evenings. Message me for details.

If anyone would like help in starting a support group, please contact the New Jersey Self-Help Group Clearinghouse at 973-989-1122 [In NJ call 1-800-FOR-MASH (367-6274)] On the website there is tons of useful information, the Clearinghouse runs free workshops throughout the year on starting an effective support group as well as for group facilitators. All of the services of the NJ Self-Help Group Clearinghouse are free. NJSHGC is funded by the State of NJ Div. of Mental Health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back