• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Survivors of Abuse Speak Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catfsh

New Here
:kickass::smile::wink: Child Abuse Trauma Survivors (CATS) Speak Out! We must try to get the strength and courage to tell our stories. If we fail to, what parent, police officer, judge, social worker, neighbor, district attorney, friend, etc., is going to believe there is so much horrible and sometimes sadistic abuse is a reality. It's hard. But only us adults can show the tremendous amount, who the abuser was, how they made you hide it, and why we keep silent. That's because we are not supposed to talk about sex. What adult, much less a child, would step up to speak about the sex they had last night. Child abuse is commited mostly by males. We have come some of the way, but we are still stigmatized and made to believe we should be ashamed. So far, the abusers have the upper hand. We must come out together so the world there is so much of it. Our silence will not save us or the next child.

I am glad you are supporting a cause, but this is a forum to help support those with PTSD in their journey to heal, all causes of PTSD, not only abuse survivors. You will find no shortage of people here speaking out about their abuse. There is no hiding or stigmatism here.

I fully believe DAs, attorneys, judges, and social workers are all too aware of the extent of abuse as this is their job. They have to operate within the boundries of law is the only thing. If there is no proof then there is no case. Many children and adults claim such as an act of revenge or anger over life situations, why there is a burden of proof. Not all accused are guilty. But people here for the most part are here to heal, not prosecute. That is the purpose here. Simply heal...

I guess I am saying you are preaching to the choir.

As I am a member of about 15 seconds now, I have to sit on the fence. I want nothing more than an erased memory from the event(s) that shatter me every day. When the event(s) that took place which have caused my PTSD, the DAs, attorneys, judges and social workers were all connected into the "good 'ole boy" network. I know that times have changed, yet I will never be able to forgive, forget, or recieve any type of satisfaction by way of prosicution for the offender(s). May they rot in Hell.

It's a personal matter.
No one should feel obliged to do or say anything.
Each individual will decide if they want to tell their story. And sometimes they chose to tell that story only to their therapist or only their loved ones.
Number one priority is yourself, and your healing. For some telling their story is the only path to healing. For others, it simply adds to the trauma. For some they can tell parts, but never others.
You are not responsible for anyone else. Only you.

Reactions: nie
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back