1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Sydney Australia

Discussion in 'Social' started by PTSDd_Off, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTSDd_Off

PTSDd_Off Member

Hi

Wondering if any PTSD sufferers in Sydney would be interested in meeting up to discuss/share experiences and maybe look at forming a regular support network?

To give you a brief idea who I am - I am a 43 year old professional male PTSD sufferer (diagnosed with delayed response Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) brought about through child abuse. I'm under treatment with my psychiatrist and am learning a lot about this condition, myself and the world around me as a result. It would be great to meet others who also experience this condition.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

N1982 likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. 396

396 New Member

Hi,

Thanks for posting. I'm a 42 year old professional living in Sydney. I was in the law enforcement profession for 14 years and also have complex PTSD. I am under treatment also and think it would be great to setup a support network.

4. 1969

1969 New Member

Thank you for accepting me for membership

5. 1969

1969 New Member

Hello

Is there anyone out there in the Newcastle area?
    I Would appreciate a response.

6. Waga

Waga Member

Hi,

I am from Sydney too. Have you started your meetings yet? Can I join? I am 36.

7. petalissimo

petalissimo New Member

Hi, I also have C-PTSD and am in Sydney, female, and 40, and trying to understand how my life got like this. Would love to meet with others too.

Brownie likes this.
  8. petalissimo

petalissimo New Member

Hi there, it looks like there are enough people to start a group. I am not sure how to go about contacting people to make arrangements. Perhaps we could just chat online. KC

Brownie likes this.
  9. blackemerald1

blackemerald1 Well-Known Member

Hello, I would dearly love to meet other people with ptsd, not sure what you ended up doing. We could all open a throw away email account to organise a lunch or if you have agoraphobic problems too I would be happy to meet in a quiet café or something. I really want to meet people but I honestly have not in the 16 years I have endured this evil . I am 49 female, have to be careful where and where I go due to multiple triggers. I am in the Gordon area but can travel.

Brownie likes this.
  10. Brownie

Brownie New Member

Hello,

Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD after my partner of 10 years was killed suddenly in a motor accident in March this year.

I am looking for a support group or just other people to chat and hang out with that understand my situation etc.

Nothing too stressful, coffee or something..

Contact me if interested,

Regards,

Laura

11. leweyoz

leweyoz Active Member

Hi Guys,

I am a carer and just wondering if any of you have "significant others" that would be interested in meeting up. I started a support group last year, put it on hold this yr during my studies. I know how I feel as a Carer so really want to come alongside others. I met with one of our members and she was so grateful to know she wasn't alone and said she finally felt "normal". PM me if anyone's interested and I can give you my email address.

So pleased you guys are able to meet up and support each other, my hubby wouldn't be able to.

12. confusion too

confusion too New Member

In a new relationship with someone who I love who has PTSS looking desperately for support and a outlet want to make it work longterm

13. leweyoz

leweyoz Active Member

Hi Confusion too, I'm guessing you are in the Sydney area, if you have answered this thread.

If you can PM me I can give you my email address as we are unable to in the open forum.