• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sympathy And Empathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empathy is Understanding what others are feeling because you have experienced it yourself or can put yourself in their shoes. Like people on this site
Were as sympathy is Acknowledging another person's emotional hardships and providing comfort and assurance. So may not have gone through what you have/or going through but acknowledge emotions. I.e like a good friend or boss

You show care by both it's just that empathy, is when you have been through it or can put your self in there shoes. For example my big boss shows empathy to me she has clearly experienced something or been very close to someone who has and comes across as being emphatic. Where as my direct boss shows sympathy but that's it says he cares but doesn't really come across that way.

@JEKBreatheandBelieve Thanks for the support. I appreciate it, I always like animated videos.

@anthony I believe I am that empath who doesn't want to be pitied. I read page 1. I guess that's enough for the day, wow. Didn't know there is lot of information on this two terms named sympathy and empathy. I am learning how to use search function precisely.

Thanks for the link. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back