1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Systemizing Quotient Test

Discussion in 'Social' started by batgirl, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Am I allowed to put a link here? My cousin sent me this test, called the Systemizing Quotient, and there are 3 other tests as well:

http://glennrowe.net/BaronCohen/MaleFemale.asp

It's part of a research study as it relates to the male/female brain and Autism/Aspergers. Anyways I'm posting because I got a really high score on the Systemizing Quotient, like according to the results they have so far, only 36 women out of over 7000 have scored as high as me. So I'm curious what other people's scores on here would be, for comparison. Mine was:

Your Gender: Female Your score: 74
    0 - 19 = low
    20 - 39 = average (most women score about 24 and most men score about 30)
    40 - 50 = above average (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score in this range)
    51 - 80 is very high (three times as many people with Asperger Syndrome score in this range, compared to typical men, and almost no women score in this range)
    80 is maximum

In case anyone's wondering, on the other tests, I got:

Empathy : 20
    Autism Spectrum : 37
    Mind's Eye : 35

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

my systemising quotient was 56

empathy 36
    autism spectrum 39
    minds eye 20

Umms

maybe ptsd has similar patterns to aurism/ aspergers syndrome?

4. Borderline

Borderline Member

I dont know what it means but I scored.
    Systemising 32
    Empathy 28
    Autism 32
    Minds eye 25

5. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

What the hell i will have a go
    System 33
    Empathy 29
    Autism 27
    Minds eye 23

6. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

Mine are:

Systemizing 40
    Empathy 44
    Autism 18
    Mind in the eyes 19

I am curious as to what all this means for me!!!!!:crazy-eye

7. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Mine was:

Systemizing: 59
    Empathy: 48
    Aspergers: 30
    Mind's Eye: 20

I'd actually noted the similarities between these two disorders and had discussed, early last year, with a fellow classmate, the possilbity of this being my issue. We ruled it out because of some of the common traits.. but there is definately a link here.

bec

Ohh I wanted to add that these test results (other than systemizing) flucuate with your state of mind. I've taken many of these tests for school for the past few years and right now my empathy score is very very low. It has to do with my state of mind. I currently do not like people, care less about their opinions and can't communicate well. So it drops the score. If I were in a healthier place my score would be in the highest possible range. The mind's eye test is a joke. I hate those stupid things. There are a horrid predictor for attempting to determine if you can read people's emotions. I can nail people's emotions on the head, if they are in front of me, but pictures, they don't give enough informaton. Mind you I am very sensitive to other's around me as my survival used to depend on knowing another's mood! So, just keep this in mind while doing these tests, that they are not nessecarily accurate and that they do change with your age and mind set.

8. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

well, i think i am not autistic, anyway. i'm just trying to figure out which is good--high or low, lol. systemizing 11
    empathy 38
    asperger's 13
    mind's eye 31

9. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Thanks everyone. Hmm nobody in the 70-80 range for systemizing yet... guess I'm a weirdo. Although bec and cass you guys seem to have fairly high scores too.

Thanks bec, that's all really interesting information, about it changing with mood and age, etc. I appreciate that it's not necessarily accurate. I was just curious because I got such a high score. You said your empathy quotient was very low at 48 lol... mine is only 20!! I agree those pictures were kind of annoying. I think I did a similar test to that one for a psychiatrist once.

Cookie I don't know what a low score means... that you have a very female brain or don't systemetize things much? I don't think it's bad in any event.

10. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Thought I'd try it again.. so as of today the results are:
    Systemizing: 53
    Empathy: 14 (ouch lol)
    Apergers: 32
    Minds Eye: 24

Interesting how much this has changed, in just a few years!

anthony likes this.
  11. Nicolette

Nicolette ♡ Supporter Admin ♡ Supporter Admin Sponsor $100+

I don't get this test but did it because it came up in What's New.

I got:
    Systemizing: 29 (close to the average male's score :think:)
    Empathy: 51
    Asperger's: 24
    Mind's eyes: 29

12. permban0097

permban0097 Policy Enforcement Banned Premium Member

Ohh look I'm not even going to take this test... I can tell you how I am already..

yes, I care how my car runs.. but only when it breaks down!

I don't leave the house without makeup and my hair done (neither does my gf - how's THAT for fussy)

And as for this SYSTEM - please install a 'delete the next day because I can't believe I said that out loud' function :)

13. Unhinged

Unhinged Active Member

This looks interesting.

Systemizing: 57
    Empathy: 10
    Apergers: 39
    Mind's eye: 22