1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

T-shirt Advertising Idea - Online Shop Viability

Discussion in 'Social' started by piglet, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Just sitting and thinking. How about having a forum member's t-shirt?

"been there, got it and the t-shirt" one side and the forum web address on the back

Simple, but makes a statement.

Thoughts?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Its funny you say that actually piglet, because I am currently tossing the idea of an online shop around, selling a range of guys and girls t's with different sarcastic statements upon them, not rude, but not blatantly "I have PTSD" all over it either. If it goes well, then moving into the usual other nic-nac's, odds and end, stubbie coolers, etc etc... the usual promotional fun type stuff. Obviously it comes with an establishment cost, which I will fund, though I must also have interest in it firstly, otherwise I would just be wasteing my time and money.

I was intending on shipping around the world, so there are no limits. Obviously the cost would cover the cost to manufacture and shipping + a very small margin to go into the donation fund here (ie. 5% per item), to help buy more, expand, etc etc...

Kerrie and I think t's would most likely be the most popular, so we would start there.

I am with you though, feedback would be good on this from all members. If you don't say whether you would support it or not, then I cannot possibly know whether it would be viable.

Kas_Can_Fly likes this.
  4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I would be supportive of pushing / promoting people to be educated on the matter of PTSD and where to look for help. I would be more of a bumper sticker person, I am not out enough to be seen in a t-shirt as of yet.

5. anthony

Thanks veiled, that was the one I couldn't remember... bumper stickers. I think that was the original conversation some months ago.... creating bumper stickers.

Kas_Can_Fly likes this.
  6. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

I'm with veiled on supporting providing widespread information on PTSD. And the bumper sticker idea...just love it. All the rest will come in time. Do you ever rest anthony?

Kas_Can_Fly likes this.
  7. anthony

Sometimes hope... sometimes. My mind is always active with ways to improve things, make something work better, etc etc... This was even pre-PTSD.

Kas_Can_Fly likes this.
  8. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

AND just for the record, he tells me that I think too much!!!

9. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

Takes one to know one!!!

10. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Not sure if these are anywhere outside the US, but we have these magnetic "ribbons" for every cause out there. It started with support for the soldiers, but now includes everything from breast cancer to adoption to autism to POWs.

Perhaps we could have our own magnetic ribbons for our cars? Anthony, if you need samples, I could send you some.

Just a thought.

Here's a link to one site that sells these (I am in no way connected with them whatsoever; just wanted to provide a picture of what I'm talking about!):
    http://causekeepers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=C&Category_Code=P

11. anthony

Thanks Kim... always good to see pictures, they tell a thousand words. Yep, there is so much promo gear available nowadays, magnets, stickers, caps, shirts, pants, stubbie coolers, key rings, etc etc etc.... so many choices.

I need to get a new logo done first, with original graphics that I own, as the images on these logos are from the web, thus i do not hold the freehold upon them, and would be charged / sued if I used them for promotional material off this site itself. Limited use on image use.

12. Boo-Damphir

Boo-Damphir Active Member

I'm a huge fan of annoying/stimulating T shirts! My most recent purchase reads, "you're just angry because the voices only talk to me!"
    ~Boo :crazy:

13. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

My idea....

I had a magnetic purple large ribon that just said Survivor on it....It was meant to be put on the car...Mine only made it to my fridge....I found on a website that the color is also being used by cancer survivors....I would like to have a purple ribbon stamped with PTSD stamped on it or a big purple heart like one that's like a medal with PTSD Survivor on it....I would also like to see a t-shirt with that same logo on it as well as other products....