• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Taking a Big Step - Speaking Out About Rape and Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazabella

New Here
Hi everyone,

My Name is Shaz and i am a multiple rape and child abuse survivor from Australia. I have been in therapy for years but have not as of yet been officially diagnosed with PTSD so i guess I'm just checking this out because something doesn't feel right. I got diagnosed with agoraphobia and have been having horrible flashbacks and anxiety attacks since the latest assault. Hopefully it will help to talk about my experiences with people who "get it".

- Shaz

HI Shaz,

Welcome to the forum....Yes people here actually do "Get it" We don't look at each other like they have 3 heads either. We don't use the phrase..."Oh Christ, just get over it will you."

What you will find here is sympathy, empathy, caring, fun, answers, and questions..Yes and an occasional kick in the arse if needed too ...So join in...

Wendy

Hey Shaz, welcome to the forum. What Wendy said... except I do the kick in the arse bit usually.... just comes naturally to me I guess. :) Seek out a trauma expert IMO and see what they have to say.

Hi Shaz, yes we do 'get it', many understand here. Like She Cat said theres lots of great help here on the forum.

I also, agree with Anthony, that seeking out an expert could help you wonders.

Take Care Shaz, and Welcome to the forum ! :smile:

Hope

Don't worry, no one kicks too hard. Man ya'lls welcomes! Welcome to the forum, this place is a good place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back