• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Taking a Break - Daughter Suicidal

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes I wonder if people get angry when you do something nice for someone.. they get jealous because they where in the same situation at some point and no one did anything like that for them? so they feel if they didn't get that then no one else should. I would be angry too Kathy.. when someone you "think" understands then they say or do something that shocks you it makes you wonder. I hope Evie gets well soon and gets back to her drawing!

Thank you Damiea. In my cousin's case I believe you are correct, it was jealously plain and simple!

It pains me that I have to say this, however; members, please do not PM me asking for reassurance that you personally are not the cause of Evie's illness! I have received several such PMs since posting this thread. Firstly I do not have the energy to answer, and secondly, of course you are not the reason she is ill! Please use common sense here and give myself and my husband a bit of space in this matter. Private best wishes are welcomed and appreciated, self-centred PMs are not.

You are in my thoughts. Please tell Evie I said hello and I am thinking of her.......when she is feeling better, of course. Please take care of yourselves as well.
Pandora

My thoughts and prayers our with all of you right now. Take all the time y'all need.

Hang in there both of you.... Evie will come through this. It is really great though that she does use her word to let you both know when its all becoming a bit much for her. I think we know the reasons to this, though still a very large learning curve for Evie to have undertaken.

Take care please you both.... and don't forget about you two in all this. You both need just as much support as does Evie.

Now, was it the dog park lady? If so, kick her ass!

I took food into Rob when he was in hospital, he said it helped him to fell like he was still with us if that makes sense. Like he wasn't alone & we still loved & thought of him. So I say Well done Kathy, you did the right thing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
:Hug_emoticon::Hug_emoticon::Hug_emoticon:

Yes Jodee, the very same woman, now made famous with Evie's dogpark story! :rolleyes: She is quite jealous of Evie and the other children as well. When Travis lived with us briefly after his helicopter accident, she had the very same snide remarks to make about how we were spoiling and coddling him. The sad part is, if she would only speak and act more pleasantly we would be more inclined to include her in things. She is, in effect, bringing it all upon herself. Thank you Jodee for mentioning food from home is a comfort. I believe so as well and it is good to have a confirmation.

Thank you all for your support and kind words, its very much appreciated. I am feeling quite a bit better this morning, having had a full night's sleep. We went to see Evie yesterday as I mentioned. She is in poor physical condition from being dehydrated and not having eaten much in the last week. She had another electrolyte imbalance. They now have her on IV fluids, and she is completely off the trazadone. Funny, she is actually resting and sleeping plenty according to the nurses, in spite of not being on the trazadone. Today we aren't going to go see her, we'll let her rest and we'll also rest at home.

Oh dear. I received word that a member of one of Evie's other forums, an older man who she has interacted with on there for a couple of years, has passed away from a heart attack. Evie is in no state to hear of his passing at the moment, however I also don't feel it is my right to keep the information from her! I am uncertain what to do, however I believe I will wait until tomorrow at least to inform her, and let her rest today as planned.

aww thats awfull.. alwase hard to loose someone you care about no matter how far away you are in person. To bad it had to happen when she is having troubles herself as I am sure it will affect her deeply.

I have been trying to rest, however twice this afternoon I have napped briefly only to dream that I am attending Evie's funeral. It is quite distressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back