• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Taking a Break - Daughter Suicidal

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thats scarry! I hope you will find more ease when Evie is home and you are able to check in on here when you are finding things like that happening!

Yes I am a bit concerned about myself, however I always have nightmares when I am stressed, it is one of the first indications of stress for me. Whenever Jim or one of my sons has been deployed and I am concerned for them, I will have bad dreams about them as well, usually until I can speak to them. I gather this means I must speak with Evie regarding my fears for her, however she does need to rest and I will need to ponder for a while and choose my words carefully so as not to make matters worse for her.

Yes Kathy my thoughts are with you guys I know its hard to get negative thoughts out of your head hang in there!
How is Evie going?

She is getting better Jen. She is stabilized now as far as the electrolyte imbalance, and completely off the trazadone. Her mood is also improved though she's feeling very guilty about worrying us for the past few days. Whilst she has definitely worried us, we need to nip that in the bud as that kind of thinking will not be helpful to her now. From previous experience with her, if she feels too guilty she may go downhill once more. We had a rest yesterday (or attempted to) however we will be going into see her again today.

Quick update, due to the shortage of beds at the hospital and Evie no longer being at "death's door", she is being discharged today. Jim left just now to collect her. It is a little sooner than we would have liked, however that is our lovely healthcare system! At least she has us to come home to. I shudder to think of people who are discharged early and have no family support.

I'm glad Evie's got you to care for her, Kathy. I imagine it must be quite stressful for you though, nonetheless. Take care and please reach out to others in your family when you need support, too.

Kathy, I have not been on here long enough to know you or your daughters stories but know this you both are in my prayers. Take Care.

Kathy, I second what Kers said. Many of us on this forum are also here for you, and Jim, as you know.

I'm sorry the system discharged Evie before she probably should have been discharged, but perhaps being at home will be just as good, though I know it has to be worrisome and very stressful for you. But perhaps comforting as well, I imagine, being in more control. Still, there's no really good health care system in North America, is there??

Just sending my prayers and positive hopes for Evie's recovery from this bout, and for your family's resilience and recovery.

I am probably only repeating myself but just re-iterating my wishes for the well being of all of you with lots of care thrown in :Hug_emoticon:

Thank you all once more for the support. I am starting to feel less stressed, with Evie home once more, and Jim guarding her so closely. I have a feeling he is enjoying himself, Evie perhaps not so much. :wink: She is doing better, her attitude is much improved and she is being communicative with us. However she is still quite weak physically. Unfortunately when the PTSD "flares up" her physical problems do as well. I was going to make a trip to visit my new twin grandsons for a couple of days, however I find I am quite exhausted still, so best to stay home and rest for now.

I'm glad that Evie's home and feeling better. Being in the hospital is stressful for the whole family. Here's hoping your all feeling better and more rested soon.

Hugs to all
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back