1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Taking a Break - Days Off To See if I Improve

Discussion in 'Social' started by Nam, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Hello All. I'm going to take a break from the forum from now until thursday. It was suggested by my hubs and I'm willing to try it to see if I can get out of this funk. I'm on this site daily and in the chatroom pretty much every night. Maybe a break will be ok? Not saying it's going to be easy....

Wishing you all the very best!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

good luck! I find my break not working out but I am just not diving in the post for the most part, just venting... You get some rest and feel better.

4. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Nam, sounds like hubs made a good suggestion and do hope you follow through. Wishing you well.

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Good stuff Nam... you should be having a break every week for atleast two days IMO. I hope you see that the break will give you time to clear your mind, and process what you have taken in over the week.

I cannot control how people interact here, but I will recommend that every person take two complete days away from the board each week. Its not going anywhere... we will all be here still. I myself often take a day early in the week, and late in the week. If I come on here on my day off, I don't read or post, only purely come on here to check for things that I must process, or do basic edits that catch my eye immediately.

Take days off... I am all for it.

6. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Alright, it's only Tuesday...but I'm drowning. I felt like I gave up my life jacket, and now I want it back. I feel that I can express myself to you guys and be understood. Take that away, and I feel alone and isolated. Now is NOT the time for a break.....

7. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I understand what you mean, Nam. Sometimes I feel like being on here just for the company, or to communicate with other people who know what I'm dealing with. I had a break just now of I think 2 days (?). I'm not sure because I'm still sleeping a lot and the days all run together.

I have found that I feel better after the breaks generally. I have a tendency to get too caught up in stuff on the board here... and although usually I know when I've been on here too long, I won't admit it!!

But I definitely know what you mean too Nam. If you don't feel it's time for a break then it probably isn't! Just do what feels best for you.

8. Borderline

Borderline Member

Hi Nam.
    When you come back to the forum, could I ask you about something you posted in another thread?

In goingonhope's topic "Nightmares a fear of my existance" you posted "usually I can convince myself that they are dreams while Im dreaming"

I have had nightmares for years, they used to be a hugh problem for me but I think that I grew to recover from them more easily as time went on.

I think that I can also convince myself that they are dreams and waken myself from them. When I waken I seem to believe that I woke near the start of the nightmare. However I not sure this is true as I am usually in a "right state" as if I have been dreaming for a long time prior to wakening.

Have you trained yourself to wake or just realise that its a dream and continue sleeping? Do you have any tips you could share regarding this. I have felt odd that I could identify nightmares when they start, while asleep and wake from them. Perhaps everyone does this. I dont know!

Any thoughts or observations that you have about this would be of interest to me.

Dont know if this is the correct place to post this or not.

Take care, thanks.
    G

9. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

Either way, Nam, we support you.