• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Talking about suicide with t

Status
Not open for further replies.

loui50

MyPTSD Pro
So I spent an entire hour yesterday talking to T about suicide. What to do if I felt suicidal again. How to get a hold of her. Hotlines and 911. I'm exhausted. I have two kids that need taking care of and all I want to do is sleep. I'm not suicidal right now but have been in the past and feel like I'm headed down that path. Any suggestions for snapping out of this?

The things people said to me when I felt like you do were meaningless though they meant well and were trying to help me. I couldn't feel anything except pain. I got better though. You are talking about it. That's the important thing. Keep talking! Don't shut your mouth and hold it in! Someone will help you, the right person will come along at the right time when you are ready. You are right you need to have an out, an emergency plan. The national suicide hotline number is 800-273-8255. They have resources and can help you if you get in crisis. I used to call them and the nurses at my doctors office were on call 24/7. Keep reaching out you are doing the right thing be proud of yourself. I am proud of you.

@Mach123 thanks for your reply and support. T is out of town for a week next week. Not what i need right now. She left my info with a collegue though if i need her. And she said i can email her. We talked about going inpatient voluntarily. That scares me. My husband may go out of town week after next so that scares me too.

Right. I had I guy I knew he used to go to inpatient all the time but he was so tough that he could handle them. He would go in for a week and come out with the meds he wanted. I wanted to do it but I was too scared. It is good that you can reach your therapist. It is good that you are scared. If you were not scared I'd be worried. Come and chat with me if you want, I am here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back