• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Targeted Medical Pharma Releases Promising Trial Results For The Treatment Of Ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
I'm not normally in the business of reciting pharmaceutical companies interventions, albeit this is a little more naturopathic, though this specific one was interesting to me as the method of going after a deficiency in relation to the autonomic nervous system to help alleviate symptoms is not something many have really tested.

The purpose of this pilot study was to examine the benefit of unique nutritional interventions that focus on addressing specific amino acid deficiencies in patients with PTSD, that if corrected are capable of restoring balance to the autonomic nervous system and potentially alleviating many symptoms of the disease. The current treatment options for patients with PTSD are limited, associated with a variety of harmful side effects, and do not address the unique nutritional needs of the disease.

“The positive results of this small study indicate a need for a larger double-blind study and supports the hypothesis that treating the unique amino acid and nutrient requirements of PTSD with a medical food is a vital part of any treatment program aimed at reducing the impact of PTSD,” said William Shell, M.D. CEO and CSO of Targeted Medical Pharma, Inc.

Link Removed

Last edited:
I'm afraid I think this would come under the category of "No kidding, Sherlock". Good nutrition/making up nutritional deficiencies might reduce the negative effects of PTSD? Wouldn't good nutrition/making up nutritional deficiencies help with anything?

I don't think there's a such thing as autonomic immune system. There's
innate immunity and the autonomic nervous system. Which has three divisions, Sympathetic, parasympathetic, and enteric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back