• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Terrible Trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcc14

Learning
If someone says to me: What's wrong? or Why are you upset? Or anything about me being sad or down, I have a complete, disgusting dissociated panic attack. I blame my ex boyfriend for this one. But it sucks because I think this time the person who asked me those things actually gave a crap. But that may be a problem.

I ran away from everyone I knew, so now I have to meet new people and be normal enough to form relationships. What am I supposed to do if something so benign has now become my worst trigger?

I think that is what therapy is to help you overcome.

I have difficulties with the 'you need me to save you' tone of male voice. I dont think I would ever get over that.

My reaction to more generalised 'caring' tones is strong, but I think I can beat it with practise and help.

Sorry to hear this is a trigger for you, but I would have to agree with Meadowsweet when it comes to therapy. I tend to be the same, but was told by one of my T's to "fake it til you make it." You know, put on my best acting face like I'm working towards winning an Emmy, smile (my biggest smile), and say something like, "Nothing, it's all good" or "Sorry, just distracted."

It's taken a while and there are still people that get me every time, but more often than not, it helps me get through the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back