• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Thank you and farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey_03

MyPTSD Pro
I'm not posting this as a trauma diary because it doesn't seem like it should be in that category. I've begun using this site far too much and it's begun hurting me more than it is helping, due to my own issues. So I need to leave now, and I am saying my farewell. Thank you to everyone who has tolerated me all this time and put up with all my venting. I hope I offered useful advice from time to time. Keep on keeping on, everyone.

Sorry to see you go. exposure to trauma is very hard to take when you are suffering bad. I have been here for about 6 months now and I know what you are saying. I have had to take breaks along the way as it seemed to be hurting me more. My therapy sessions were hurting even worse. I quit therapy for other reasons and only come here. I leave and take a break and regroup and come back I have don't this several times for a couple of days up to a week that has help.
Any way your choice and I can respect that. I wish you all the best in your journey
Peace be safe

This makes me sad as I witnessed the precipitating factor. I hope you will consider what @joeylittle had to say regarding a trauma diary as I'm sure many here want to support and want to continue to support you. I know I do. Of course, you need to do what you feel keeps you safest.

I hope I offered useful advice from time to time.

You have, I've seen them. You also left a heartfelt quote on the second thread I posted on this sight regarding the murder of my friend. Thank you again for that. I won't forget it.

Casey, regarding your experience at the dentist office, I just want you to know that anyone with a shred of compassion would have seen a young woman who was doing the very best she could in an overwhelming situation. The receptionist should have helped you. Someone should have helped you. Every person in that office who got themselves worked up about a screaming baby should have been looking for ways to help, rather than making you feel like shit. They failed you.

One of my children did nothing but scream for his first year. We never made it through a meal at a restaurant (I spent my birthday dinner sitting in the car with him, both of us sobbing), we couldn't get through a mall, we couldn't do anything as a family. And I wasn't a single mom, and he wasn't my first child. Every night, I dreamed about throwing him out a window, or throwing both of us out a window, or holding a pillow over his head to shut him up.

Everywhere we went, I felt judged. I felt like the world's worst mother. But I wasn't. My son cried because he cried. It was nothing that I was doing. Just as your baby will cry, and so many other babies will cry.

One day, an older and wiser woman told me that the hardest babies always turn out to be the best kids. I held onto that thought like a life preserver and I think it saved my sanity. I don't know if it's true, but my son is a treasure. I just thought that might encourage you, even if just a bit. You're the very best mother that you can be, and that's good enough. Don't let anyone tell you any different. ((((Casey))))

I am really sad that you are leaving. I hope that you have another support site to connect with because I know that you are really lonely and struggling. If you decide to come back and write a diary, I will follow it and comment on it too. I know it is hard with my diary because I don't get a lot of validation, but I would make sure to do it for you. I wish you the best and will be praying for you.

I am horrified for you. The dentist was inappropriate and you deserve to have your teeth taken care with respect. You deserve to talk about the experience afterward and be treated with respect. Period.
Finding our voice when it counts is the goal and transformation is messy. Leaving this site seems wise as sometimes the best help is from those that don’t share the same issues.
Here’s my thing, it is how people treat me, the basic respect they show, the decency and compassion they exhibit at the dentist, on the internet and everywhere else.
We deserve to be treated with respect no matter what. When others step outside those boundaries they become that entity many sufferers are waiting for, trying to avoid, hoping to not encounter. But we still do, right?

I think it is better to over-react, lose your shiz, embarrass yourself and set a boundary. Believe that voice and best wishes!

Hang in there, Casey. Do what you need to do. I always really appreciated your presence here because as a journalist I could relate to you on a professional level. But you've got to take care of you and your little one. I'm sending prayers your way. Be well, hon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back