1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Thank You - Forum Making Me Think More Productively

Discussion in 'General' started by Portabella, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

I am actually thinking about going for an assessment. Since joining this forum I am realizing there are alot like me out there. I have always been ashamed of being fuc&^d up, I am thinking maybe I need to try at least. Worst comes to worst it doesn't help. So Thank you for making me self evaluate my issues.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Not a problem Bella we're only to happy to be of help
    Scott:hello:

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

I'm glad Portabella! I hope it works out well for you. Congrats on taking that first step...it's very hard....I remember.

5. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

That is great Portabella!!!
    It takes so much courage to reach out the first time.
    Worst case scenario, you have PTSD, and nothing has changed.
    Best case scenario, you don't have PTSD, but something more easy to treat.
    Going for an assesment is a great idea :)

6. vcc123

vcc123 Active Member

Excellent Portabella.. I 'denied' or 'faked' it for probably a couple of years before I couldn't anymore.. too much evidence of my 'issues' I guess. Its slow going, but worth it. I look forward to having 'me' back again. You're making another step in the right direction. (baby steps) I know they sound small.. but they add up. Good luck.. hang in there.. & we're here for you !!:hello:

7. kers

kers I'm a VIP

I had the same problem. If you had asked me a year ago, what I thought of myself, I would have just said, "I'm totally abnormal and f***ed up. I'm different from other people. I'm nothing."

Confronting what happened has helped me realize that maybe I'm okay. Maybe what happened f***ed me up, but that doesn't mean I am any worse than any other person. Maybe.

So being willing to go in for an assessment is very brave. It's courageous to be willing to change the way you see things and see yourself.

8. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Way to go, Just remember that first step is a real doozy but they get easier after that I wish all the luck, you are very strong and brave to go for an assesment as they can be intimidating, may yours be peacfull

9. porkyrees

porkyrees Member

Portabella to go for an assessment is the biggest step you will take.Even though the first one is scary I found that untill you feel relaxed with the person you tend not to let it all out untill you have a few visits.All the best Porky Rees

10. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

I'm proud to be F*****UP. It means that I gave a damn. If I didn't all the bad stuff wouldn't have mattered one way or another. This doesn't mean the same for everybody as my circumstances were different from alot of other folks. Bless you all.

11. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Well, I broke it to my family that I am calling the Doctor tomorrow. Phew....I am nervous about this. My family is more supportive than I antisipated. I also went and had coffee with my best friend this morning, I told her I am going to do what I have to do. She is really happy, she could not believe I did not go years ago.

12. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

i am trying hard to tell myself this and challenging the negative thoughts, now just beleiving in them, hopefully my healing will enable this to happen. i want to beleive i am normal but i really feel abnormal at times.