• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Thanks for this forum. domestic violence. severe trust issues. can't find trauma therapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first day posting. I've been through a long list of traumatic events that began, well, first around 1991, then things calmed down a bit, and then life got insane again starting in 2002. When I was young, before my ex-husband punished me with verbal, emotional and physical abuse, and before my birth family exploited me for their financial gain, I was vibrant, happy, cheerful, and friendly. I was such a fun, well-liked person that I went to three proms - one in 11th grade, one as a senior, and one when I was 19 and dating a senior.

That young woman has, for all intents and purposes, been killed. I am very aware of that now. It's excruciatingly painful to trust people now. I try - I try to reach out - and then I retract again into the safety and seclusion of isolation.

PTSD has also ruined my career options. I do not trust people in the workplace at all - doesn't matter what job I'm doing. I'm sure they're all out to get me one way or another and if they don't hate me right now, they will soon. I'll say or do something stupid, or I'll accidentally show off, and someone will hate me and have it out for my job.

I've tried to find a therapist who specializes in PTSD - that's another kind of hell - trying to find treatment. So that's why I'm here. This is a stopgap between suffering alone and finding a therapist.

Welcome... hope you find it is more than a stop gap, as you start to feel a part of things here, and learn that we can be trusted, if nothing else, trusted to understand how you feel and think.. Glad you found us... Hope this forum helps you as it does me.. Glad you are here.

Welcome!

I don't trust anyone in the workplace either. But I don't think it's just PTSD. You can/will be fired at any time for any reason. But they will find a legal reason for letting you go. Hence why disability protection laws are IMHO somewhat of a joke. Fighting it would cost too much. And employers know they can get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back