• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
After getting tested for autoimmune diseases (grateful - negative.) I was shocked to read at very large increased risk from childhood trauma. I don't remember numbers, but mind blowing. Chances of getting one are higher than not getting one.

Didn't even know what they where testing me for - so for others that don't. It's when your body's immune system attacks healthy parts of your body (over 80 types.)

@ihateusernames I still love your username. It is depressing but I am hoping that knowing this that things can start to change on an intergenerational level.

LOL Thanks Ms Spock!

I agree. Some of us have been screwed from the getgo. But some good has to come from awareness even if it's just outsiders taking abuse and domestic violence seriously and really reaching out and guiding kids through other, unavoidable traumas. I have encountered a nasty, pervasive attitude that goes something along the lines of "in my day, we just dealt with it/sucked it up/got over it..." Evidence to the contrary is a wonderful thing. No, you didn't just get over it- it left you with permanent injuries that I can't imagine you want inflicted on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back