• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The Life Of Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! Not triggers - I'm just squeamish!!! :sick:

I loved the beginning, got a bit lost in the middle - especially the bit with the trees - and then could not understand the end - but I did enjoy it and will now borrow the film!!!

I loved this book. I was a little thrown of balance, unsettled at the end since I couldn't figure out which was the true story. But, I guess if I think about it metaphorically it makes sense. Pi would have needed to have a good reason to take care of himself in order to survive the loneliness and time at sea. Aren't we all a bit at sea?

Since I saw the movie does that mean its alright to talk about it? I mean it sort of gives you the story line I think.

Try and read the book if you can! I saw the movie too (AMAZING!) but the book is so much more descriptive, and humorous... You're missing out if you don't read the book ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the movie just after reading the book, and it was a bit dissapointing because I loved the book so much and had so many expecatations for the movie. So better to wait a while before watching the movie. The book is so much better! :D

I read the book years ago, then it got passed between family members. I just watched the movie this weekend and thought it was amazing. I didn't like the ending when I read the book, but when I saw the movie the ending really spoke to me especially the question: "Which story do you want to believe?" . . .

It made me think if I could somehow change my own story how would my life be different now?

I just began this book on Audible. I've gotten through the into, and the explanation of the pool and how Pi became Pi, and now into the discussion of atheist vs agnostic, which I found interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back