1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

The News From My Home Country - Russia

Discussion in 'General' started by Linda, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Today I recieve message on my cell phine from my brother:
    -Be happy, that MF Kremlyn Drunkard is finelly dead.
    Yes.
    The one who organised the deadliest massacre on the streets of Moscow city since the Revolution, one who caused so many bloody wars in former USSR is dead.
    But that did not give me any happiness.
    He lived a long happy life and died a painless death. I would wish that for my friend, never for an enemy.
    He basically went unpunished for what he did. Nicely avoided the juctice.
    I am an atheist, but sometimes want to believe that the hell exist.
    I am exteremely angry and just devastated.
    So many people were killed upon his order.
    I see that all again.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

That sucks Linda. That saying "what goes around comes around" obviously isn't true for this guy. He didn't get what he deserved. It doesn't seem fair. But I guess life isn't fair... I wish it was though. I don't believe in hell either but I understand what you mean, it would be nice to have hell just for people like that. I hope you feel better soon.

4. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Evie, thank you so much for not being another person to whom I have to explain quietly and politely that he DID NOT bring the democracy to Russia, he killed it at the very beginning. Already got into an argument about this today, and realy do not want to talk to any of my friends right now.
    I hope for the best for you, too.
    Love you and your family.
    Linda

5. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Linda,

I agree with Evie, it's just not a fair world. Two years ago I found out that the man who raped me when I was a teen died. I cried. I didn't feel relief, I was devastated. The SOB got away with it.

Although that is a much smaller scale, as he wasn't a political monster, I can understand how frustrating that is. There is no hell good enough for people who harms others.

Remember to vent your feelings safely.

*hugs*
    bec

6. Monarch

Monarch I'm a VIP Premium Member

I was in Russia at the end of 1992, I was just 18 but what I saw made me feel so beaten, I didn't have to live that way but to see the struggling, the hurt and death made me hurt to my core and I felt horrible about it. I waged the same debate with many of my friends on that subject. I met Gorbetrov the year before that and he was very gracious and actually a wonderful man, but he was here in the U.S. so that might be a different story too.

7. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Monarch, Gorbachev was the one who began the destruction of my home country. Everyone will say thet Stalin was a monster because of killing so many people, but nobidy in the US will say the Gorby and the Drunkard were even worse monsters. Because they destroyed the enemy of the USA. The cold war was over, but a way too many Soviet people lost their lives, their families, their homes, their peace and basically everything. I thing this is a way too high price. And still do not understand why USSR and USA went into dirty political games especially after uniting to destroy Nazism. We could all live in peace if those nasty politicians did nat want to control the world. I just hate them all.

8. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

Oh, Sweet Linda, You have much reason to be raged! I am glad you are able to get it out here. I wish there were something I could do to bring you comfort. All I know is I'm here for you and understand and love you! As we go about our daily lives here in the USA, or any other nation for that matter, we can really have no real knowledge of what type of evil politics really goes on. Who sells arms to whom, who makes bombs for whom, who goes after whom... If we truly knew all the stuff going on right under our own noses, we would probably all most likely go NUTTY! You are safe here, thank goodness. You are cared about and accepted for who you are and what you have experienced. I believe in God, but I do not believe in a Hell. I think evil goes back to be with the evil from which it came, the netherregions of extreme darkness and chaos. If one is evil then evil and darkness is no eternal punishment, it is merely a place to be evil. I think God is very hard to understand and very complicated and a bit on the weird side. But that's just my oppinion. You take gentle care of yourself my sweet friend!

LOVE & CARE
    Marilyn

9. Monarch

Monarch I'm a VIP Premium Member

I am not saying Gorbachev was a good man either, it was at the U.N and it think it was the times, everyone was happy the bear was becoming a democracy. I was a kid, I met him, I was excited about it. I did see the suffering though and am very sorry for what everyone went though, it was so hard to understand. I can totally understand your hate.

10. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Being charming and acting wonderful doesn't make someone a good person. Many world leaders are charming, that's partly why they got to where they are. I saw a recent interview with George Bush on TV and he seemed pretty charming and nice too, but I absolutely disagree with him and hate his policies.

11. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Well, for a kid it is always exciting to meet some important figure. Kids do not know the dirty political games, they just know that they see some guy from the TV. So I understand waht you were feeling, Monarch.
    I think the kid who had a chance to meet Hitler would be excited, too.
    The best think would be to gather them all together and bury in the same grave.
    People of any country do not need any f--ng wars, only politicians want them.

12. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

Hi Linda, I know how you feel...as those who caused my PTSD are still very much at large...despite being responsible for who knows how many deaths etc...And some have lived long lives and died in comfort...

Marylin--I HAVE gone NUTTY...those politicians who constantly talk about preventing genocide and 'never lettign it happen again' are thew same ones who refuse to call genocide by name, especially i ftheir national intersets are in danger...hence a Western official(i knwo the country too but it's not neccessary here) in refernece to Rwanda, said soemthing along the lines of "Just don't call it a genocide because then we'll have to do something about it"...As for who's selling arms to whom...the permanent 5 memebers of the UN Security Council (Britain, China, France, Russia and the US) are the biggest arms exporters...Anyway... I don't want to ramble on for too long...

13. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

Oh and they make the weapons light so even children can use/carry them...It makes me sick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar