1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

The Pie Lady - Sometimes The Skills Are Not The Best Solution

Discussion in 'Social' started by jade, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade

jade Active Member

Tonight I am the pie lady. Havent had the Christmas thing with my sister and her family yet. Tomorrow is the day. So tonight I get the privelage of doing the pies. Pumpkin in the oven now, pecan ready to go, and I won't start the apple until the pecan is almost done. Neither my mom or sister could make a pie crust to save their lives. Since I went to school for it and inherited my grammas knack for it I get elected. By the time I get done with them I won't be able to eat any tomorrow. Not looking forward to going to my sisters. Three kids in the car for an hours drive. I'm surprised I'm not bald yet.LOL
    Hopfully if lucky the two youngest will nap and my oldest will have his Game Boy and a book.

DharmaGirl likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. jade

jade Active Member

Ok, the pumpkin and the pecan are done. Have to wait for my mom to get home before I venture into the apple. At least the crust is all made. Just have the two youngest with me and for some reason this last half hour before bed time they get their second wind. Besides they would have all the apples eaten before they had a chance to get to the pie.LOL My little taste testers!

DharmaGirl likes this.
  4. johnny_longtorso

johnny_longtorso New Member

save me a slice of apple and a slice of pecan!

DharmaGirl likes this.
  5. Roobear

Roobear New Member

MMMMM Pie......that sounds so good right now! :biggrin: I hope things go well with the drive and the visit with your sister.

DharmaGirl likes this.
  6. jade

jade Active Member

Pies came out great. Postponing the party. Ice and snow today don't want to take the chance with the kids. Funny story finished the pies and present wrapping @Midnight last night. three year old woke up this morning and unwrapped half the presents and put her own adding touches on the pumpkin pie. She was praticeing her triangles. God but I do love her and got a big laugh out of it.

DharmaGirl likes this.
  7. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

well Jade, you totally handled this mornings "events" alot better than I probally could have, LOL
    re-wrapping and re-touching... ouchers!

Take care,

8. jade

jade Active Member

Actually I was impressed with the way I handeled it having just got up no coffee or cig. She was so proud at trying to help that I'm glad I was positive in reaction this time.

9. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Jade
    Have you tried Blackberry Pie, it is heavan.
    Scott:hello: