1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

The PTSD Cup Explanation Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by doobie, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doobie

doobie Active Member

<added by anthony: I have moved these posts from the [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread63.html"]PTSD cup explanation[/DLMURL] for discussion here.>

wow thats new for me...i am printing this to show to my doc tommorrow and see wat he throws back...but it does help me understand were i am at...thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Yer, this is what really discribed the point for me. When a counsellor depicted this on a whiteboard for me, everything kinda fell into place on how PTSD as an extra stressor resulted upon us, and why we tend to fly off the handle for such insignificant little things, that really shouldn't matter, and generally don't. Its just the mere impression of PTSD on top of our daily stressors that create these situations for us.

Lower the stress, lower the anxiety, lower the depression, and the cup whilst still fuller than a person without PTSD, gets much more room to handle normal daily stressors within our lives.

Good to see it helps others, as it has helped me.

4. Roerich

Roerich M.D.

An excellent graphic!

Anthony,

I have never seen the concept of PTSD explained any better as a volume of stress which can cause overflow and tip our emotional balance. I hope more people who are suffering with PTSD and their families look at this excellent graphic for it is the mark of an expert, one who can explain complex concepts in simple, easy to understand terms.

That picture is worth a million words!

Regards,

Roerich

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Thanks Roerich, much appreciated.

6. TScorpio1

TScorpio1 Member

Wow! That toilet paper roll thing is so TRUE! Gawd, anything.......... thanks for the smile.