• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The Rapist Gets Released This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overcoming

Confident
Only hours away from 2017. For almost a decade now, I imagined how this night was going to feel, and now it's here. This year is the scheduled release date. 2017 has signified something terrible for me for years now. Fear. Panic attacks. Depression. It is rough tonight. People are celebrating and sending "Happy NY" messages, and I'm over here wondering if I will have a meltdown the first time I have to write the date on anything in the new year. Screw 2017! This sucks. I don't mean to sound like a blubber box, but this is really hard for me.

Welcome! You aren't being a blubber box. You are scared.I would be too.
Hopefully you have a therapist you have been working with and we are here for you.
A very supportive and understanding community. You are not alone.

I felt the same way when my ex got released after being jailed for breaking into my bedroom window with a knife. I know how upsetting this is, and fear-inducing.

Sending hugs if that's okay and praying for your safety.

Only hours away from 2017. For almost a decade now, I imagined how this night was going to feel, and now...
I understand and no worries; you are not blubbering. You are brave and have right to feel the way you do. I just wish I could do something to help you more then just words. I was so relieved when the people that raped me were sent to prison. It is where people like that belong. I wish I could bless you with my support in some way that wiuld help you to let go of the fear and move forward with a hapoy heart smile. You are a beautiful one and so very much deerve the good life. Please take care of you. You are loved, resoected and honored here.

My abuser didnt get arrested unfortunately ive never reported it due to the fact i was a child at the time and other fears i have plus the home domestic abuse i was going through.

I can only imagine what you are going through.

Sorry hun to here that is.

My monster was released last year (2015). I remember the day they finally arresetd him. The detectives come and told me ..we have your monster locked up now.I felt safe , beside dealing with the symptoms of cptsd. When he was released I was working in a retail store and started having panic attacks, I ended up quiting that job. Because of fear of not being safe. I would call the law to have them go see if that was him walking down the road looking like on a mission. The law is so good and understand to me and I know I could call them anytime. I did see him a couple of times and he saw me. The 1st no big deal the 2nd he went down the road pointing and cussing at me.But you know I wasnt scared. I have taken self defense, carry pepper spray all the time and have a tazzer in my car, a shot gun behind my bed room door and a pistol on top of the clock. So Im ready for that piece of shit monster......I just dont know if the fear would over take me. I havent seen him around for a few months, but I am still and probally always be on guard.Get prepared, make yourself educated on how to be safe and always watch your surroundings.. Good luck and best wishes. Just thought Id share my experience with you.

Just an update for everyone! I wish I'd have done this sooner. Shortly after the offender was released this past year, he was caught smuggling drugs back into the prison. Sad that a drug charge will certainly pull more time than multiple rapes, however, he should be going away for a LONG while this time. Thank God! I can breathe easier

Just an update for everyone! I wish I'd have done this sooner. Shortly after the offender was released t...

It is sad, The times people serve, especially for such an underreported crime. Maybe if the punishment were more representative of the damage inflicted then victims might feel safer stepping forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back