• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The Small Things In Life. What Makes You Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My black cat, Sombra (Shadow), is a very ferrel, shy, momma cat. I've had her for two years now. She was so terribly jumpy and fearful of petting, etc. I went very slowly with her getting used to me. Incrementally, she would get closer and closer: first, lounging in the periphery of whatever room I was in; then, sitting on a piece of furniture next to me; then, sitting beside me; then, carefully climbing over to sit on my lap.

Now she loves a good brushing, she gives me gentle kisses, she often lounges on my lap. She has even gotten used to my boyfriend's knock on the front door and doesn't scurry away.

Today, though, I noticed she even let's me rub her belly.

I am so very thankful that she has accepted (and trusts) my complete adoration of her.:inlove:

(She's the black cat in the avatar and mother to the other cat sitting behind her.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back