• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Therapy And Meds Have Failed Me And Now I'm Lost In Sorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahka

New Here
I'm Ahka, PTSD sufferer for 26 months. Therapy and meds have failed me and now I'm lost in sorrow. I'm really not sure why I'm here, I guess I'm just looking for someone with a similar situation.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Meds are indeed ineffective for many of us. I tried dozens before finding what works for me.

Therapy is also tricky and can be hard to find the right thing that helps us.

I urge you to keep on trying.

Indeed welcome. Your definitely not alone.

This is an extremely difficult thing to treat, hence why there are so many different drugs to treat the same thing. There are also different methods of therapy available. Not to mention more therapists than you can shake a stick at.

Keep trying, you will find something that helps you.

Welcome. I relate a lot to feeling lost and frustrated. And the sorrow. Hang in there. As others have said, there are many different meds and forms of therapy. I went through all the standard meds and they made me more disconnected. I'm on an atypical and non-opiod med for pain that is actually helping me feel a bit more relaxed. But I can't do SSRIs, SNRIs, NRIs, or benzos. I've had to work slowly and consciously on regulation without this stuff. It's exhausting sometimes and I do wish there was a better pill for me.

There are therapists and forms of therapy I just didn't click with. It's really important that we feel safe and trust the therapy in order to do this recovery. There are many forms of therapy for trauma. You might also just have to try a different therapist. But I also understand just needing a break from trying.

Hope the forum is helpful.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement :) regrettably I have given up on conventional medication as the side effects are worse than the suffering, particularly with the night time meds. Homeopathic remedies aren't helping much at this time either, but the side effects are almost nonexistent :) Valerian root helps me sleep most nights without night mares. I still wake up feeling lost, depressed, and hopeless, but at least I'm not exhausted :) my biggest issues are the hyper sensitivity and flash backs. I'm searching for a way to allow physical contact as I cannot stand to be touched. Even a brush from someone immediately puts me in agonizing pain. Any suggestions?

Did you tell your doctor that your meds are not working, I have only been on meds for six months and they have found a dose that works for me,
My anxiety has gone and so has the night time flashbacks, drug side effects are tremors, head aches, teeth constantly chattering, sleeping a lot, All of the above is nothing compared to what I have been dealing with for the last thirty years, but that's just me, Theraphy has also helped but I didn't hold anything back.

Any suggestions?
Have you tried EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Brainspotting or the Comprehensive Resource Model? All of these are therapies that are effective for some people in reducing flashbacks and can help enable tolerance to touch if done slowly and carefully.

@ahka Welcome to the forum!

There is a lot of information here about different types of medication, therapy, natural and homeopathic remedies. Sometimes it takes a while to find what works best and I hope you find this site beneficial in your healing.

@intothelight Thx I'll, so far everyone seems nice :)
@Lucycat I will look into those :)
@TonyG My problem with the night meds is they put me to sleep but do not rid me of the night terrors they lock me in that world and I can't wake up... I've spent two years changing meds and feeling perfectly crazy. :( no thanks. I have learned how to hide my PTSD symptoms for the most part couldn't hide the meds problems

Welcome to the forum, @ahka - glad you are here. Sometimes therapy is something you have to try a few times before you find the right person, the right modality, AND the right time in your own life. You'll find you are not alone, struggling with therapy.

If you live in a medical marijuana state, you may want to try it for nightmare reduction; or the synthetic counterpart, nabilone. There have been some studies showing that cannabis can be effective against night terrors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back