1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Therapy and younger parts

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by Punky143, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Punky143

Punky143 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to think about my appt today. My young parts decided to pay a visit as well and thought it would be funny to hide from my T. She does her thing and allows me to sit in her office and wait. Today though, very last minute, my young parts decided to hide under her desk away from her view point upon entering. She didn't see us and started walking out until they called out and outed themselves. I laughed as well as she until the young parts left and another part used the excuse to stretch their legs. So, post appt opinions and thoughts become obsessions. We are worried now about being spoken too. I know boundries and try my best not to push them but I'm not certain my young do. If there is discussion about it, I know my heart will be broken and disappointed.

Searching4Self and EveHarrington like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Friday

Friday Raise Hell Moderator

Therapy sounds like a good place for that discussion... As well as to challenge the idea that discussions can't take place without heartbreak & disappointment.

Maybe even to so far as to bring it up yourself with the point being the ability to talk about it without the doomsday response? The whole "I've been stressing about being spoken to about something, and know my heart will break and et cetera... And I'd like to learn how to have those conversations and not have them gut me."

Searching4Self likes this.
  4. Rumors

Rumors I'm a VIP

So I am not sure here but were you under the table and came out when your therapist entered the room?

5. Punky143

Yes, I was under the desk as she walked in..

6. Rumors

Rumors I'm a VIP

I’m sorry. That sounds like it would be a horrible feeling to have someone take over like that. Gosh. I have wanted to crawl under my therapists desk but it was with the will of an adult mind and feeling in control of my senses. I am sorry that you are in a position that your little side takes over. Wish I had words of wisdom but I am afraid all I can offer is just some good thoughts heading your way that you are able to have some resolve. Sorry!

mumstheword and Supervixn like this.
  7. Punky143

Although I am ashamed, I can say when the younger ones do come around, it's usually with innocent fun like any young child. So, it's not terrible but as an adult, it isn't as socially acceptable.

shimmerz, Rumors and mumstheword like this.
  8. shimmerz

shimmerz My silence spoke a thousand words you never heard Premium Member

Maybe you could let your 'young one' come out in scheduled ways? Are you ready for that yet? I walk with my young ones, talk to them in my head, reassure them, let them know I am happy to have them around -- but that it is important for me to make sure they are safe.

The good thing about T's is that they (the goods ones) get this stuff.

9. Punky143

And I'm lucky that my T gets it.

shimmerz likes this.
Show Sidebar