1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Things Are Looking Up, Yet I'm Feeling Sad Leaving Townsville

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Tammy, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammy

Tammy Active Member

hi all.
    Just need to get a few things off my chest in regards to our lives lately.
    I feel the need to tell people a bit of background info first. I am almost 22 years old, I have a beautiful 16 month old baby boy from a previous relationship and another little boy on the way in 3 and a half weeks, my partner has ptsd. At the moment I feel fat, unattractive and useless.
    Alex and I have made a decision about a week ago to uproot ourselves from townsville and move to Newastle NSW. Not only have I never lived outside of qld but I have never lived more than ten minutes away from my mother. Alex has been working since we made this decision to try to get as much money as possible for the move; which is a good thing but apparently DHA might pay for it; however because we weren't defacto at the time of his discharge, I need him here to speak to DHA. Since this decision has been made (we will be moving at the end of May) Alex has been a lot happier. I however, am really confused. I want to go and I think its a great opportunity but I am scared to leave my mum and my sisters and I a scared that his family and I won't get along when we get there. It was actually my mum's idea for us to go so I srt of feel like I hae been kicked out of home which s stupid because I have lived ou of home for almost four years. I am scared about the fight I am going to have with Jackson's dad, bu I have old him about it and he will be mving near his family in Sydney- but apparently he still wants to draw up a parenting plan because he has terms and conditions! I am worried about whether my son will be happy in NSW and I am terrified that the upheaval will put Alex into a tailspin. I am hoping that I can put all of this down to pregnancy hormones and tha ater the baby is brn I will be a little less emotional about everything.
    Ony 3 1/2 weeks to go and I can't wait. I am so sick of being pregnant; I have never felt as unattractive as I do right now.
    Anyway thanks for giving somewhere to vent and put my thoughts down; and I'll keep you all informed about our progress...

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi Tammy will your partner be working when you get to Newcastle? Have you or him got family down there for support?
    Jen

4. Tammy

Tammy Active Member

Alex's whole family is in Newcastle... which will make thins a little easier. His family have got some possibilities fr work for him which is a good thing...

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Wow Tam, good news for you both if it you are both happy with that, being a new start for you outside of the trauma zone. I think you will find Alex in general will become much calmer once moved, being away from the military environment.

Leaving your mum... well, what can I say! If you have a close bond, you have it, and that bond should still be present then even when apart. The decision is obviously only yours to make, and one which you must weigh between your mother and your partner I guess.

Is it possible that you both come to each other at times during the year maybe, so that you can see each other more often?

6. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Don't you just hate those last few weeks! I bet you still are beautiful in Alex's eyes & that is all that matters.

Hope the moving plans go well for all of you. Think of it as the start of a new chapter in your lives. Sometimes change is a good thing.

Good luck!

7. carpediem2006

carpediem2006 Active Member

Moving is well known for bringing up emotions especially when it is far away. I am moving to...and could not understand why I was reacting the way I was. I am moving to somewhere I want to be, with someone I want to be with. To a great city with good prospects to get back into work. Yet I found myself having difficulties packing up and leaving a place where so much negativity happened. Eventually I worked it out. It was related to things that had not happened there as much as those that did. That I was leaving it with a feeling of having failed there, without being conscious that was where the feeling was coming from. Part of me can still be concerned about that change, but suits are out, my CV is about to be printed and I will hit some employment agencies here today. Then it is back to finish packing and throwing things away. Most is being thrown away, I have all I need here, and do not want much of what reminds me of a negative period. I wish you luck...the first move is always harder as it is totally new to you. Don't think of it as permanent. Little in life is!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar