• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Things That Bring Relief From Anxiety & Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
I have a fish tank that I lay down near and just listen to the bubbling brook sounds of its water filter. It is so relaxing. Also, just sitting in my rocking chair and watching my fish is so relaxing.

I also find harp music to be of great value. Here is a music video that helps me and is nice and long, so I can leave it on and go about my business:

What brings you relief? I'd like to add it to my list!

I guess medication and the knowledge that I have medication with me are the most important things. Having people who love you around you help too. They can't really help with the panic attack, but at least they would give you a safe space to have a panic attack...Sorry if this sounds kind of weird, I'm not sure how to put it, but to have a safe space for panic attacks is definitely better than not having one.

That reminds me of a park I used to go to where I used to live. There were ducks in the small lake there and a walking trail all the way around the lake. I used to walk my dog on that trail most mornings. It never rained in the mornings there, so we walked that trail just about every day. She never bothered the ducks or anything either. She was a well behaved dog. I never fed the ducks though. I went there mostly for fresh air and exercise. It was such a peaceful place first thing in the morning though. Not many people were up when we went, as it was usually quite early in the day yet.

I live way out in the mountains now, so there is no lake nearby. I miss that, but I love to walk around our area here and view the mountains. They are so majestic. One of God's greatest creations, I think, I call them God's sculptures ;)

There is a river that runs through our town, it is called the Valley River, of all "original" names it could be called. Trout fishing is said to be a very peaceful and relaxing thing to do by some of my men friends, who do so often. Also, at our church fellowship dinners, sometimes they serve trout too. It is a tasty fish.

I guess medication and the knowledge that I have medication with me are the most important things. Ha...
I agree that a safe place to have a panic attack is like a number one priority. If one is at work, the best place to escape to is either outside the building or in the ladies' or men's room I think. Barring that, maybe the break room if there is one?

I joined LONELY PLANET and it is a great distraction from anxiety:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/austra...mania-the-formidable-isle-thats-wild-at-heart

Check it out. There are oodles of photos of places all around the world and if you want to read about them, there is a lot of info too! I love this website!

National Geographic Online isn't bad either, but it costs money. As far as I know, LONELY PLANET is for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back