1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Things To Be Happy and Proud About

Discussion in 'General' started by Linda, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

I thing that everybody can find some things for him/herself, which are a good reason to be happy and proud about. It probably would be nice to list some of such things, it may help to realize that life is still going.
    So, what about me?
    1. I am in a discent physical shape. Except for the well-controlled asthma and back/leg pain, I have no health problems, and I can physically perform any job I want to.
    2. I am a pretty woman. I have a good body, open round face, a lovely smile, a broun eyes and broun short hair, which can never be combed as I want it.
    3. I have a great personal life. The man of the type I was dreaming about since I was a kid became my husband. I met him in the ESL class, and reacted as someone gave me an order to attack. We are together for 6 years, and care of each other a great deal.
    4. I am a hard worker. I came to the US without a penny in my pocket, and successfully supported myself through the hardest initial period. Then I managed to have a full-time school and a full-time job, was chosen as an "employee of the month" several times. When I left my previous job, the boss talled me that I can come back whenever I want. At my current job, I hold a great deal of responsibilities and looking forward to have more.
    5. I am a good student. For the last three semesters, I am in the Dean's list.
    6. I have a place to live in and a plenty of food to eat every day.
    7. I have great pets, who are my babies and my buddies.
    8. I am a survivour. I went through the childhood abuse, medical assault, poverty, political struggle in my home country, and a rebellion in my city, where I was nearly killed. However, I am still alive and am not going to die.
    9. Yes, I do have PTSD. But, compared to many other people, my symptoms are not keeping me from functioning as a hard worker, a good student, a caring wife and a cat-dog-Guinea Pig mama.
    10. I trust in myself strongly. I am a natural fighter, and know that eventyally I will win whatever fight I get into.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Wonderful Linda... well done indeed! I advise my niece to make positive lists often. Puts things in perspective. Everyone should do it in my opinion, PTSD or not.

Jim.

4. slhlilbit

slhlilbit Active Member

Thats so cool

I just read your thread . yesterday i wrote a list for my family so mabie they would understand what i am feeling. now i need to make me a list. Great idea, thanks.:smile:

5. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Things I am happy and proud about:

Longterm:
    1. I am getting unemployment until I get another job, my past job did not contest it and it is barely enough to get us by. But it gets us by.
    2. I have 2 great kids living at home with me and giving me a reason to go on everyday.
    3. I have animals that love me and depend on me giving me a reason to go on each day.
    4. I have a home with heat and food in the fridge.
    5. I have a car that runs.
    6. I have found this forum and have people that understand what I have gone through, am going through, and will be going through.

Short term:
    1. I have asparagus in the fridge and cannot wait to make some Asparagus fries today. Yum...
    2. Its Sunday, so my little one is off from school and I get to spend the day with him.
    3. I slept until 5 a.m. today, meaning I got some rest.

6. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hmm I should give this a shot too...

1. I am proud that I got myself off the streets.
    2. I am proud that I redefined myself as a better person and rejected others view of me.
    3. I am proud of being the best mother that I can learn to be.
    4. I am proud of my honesty and loyalty.
    5. I am proud that I taught myself morals and values and am a better person for it.

6. I am happy that I found this forum.
    7. I am happy that I have great freinds here and have learned to share myself with thim.
    8. I am happy to help and be helped here.

Hmm not bad of a list for me.

bec