• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

This is New to Me - Ladder Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone My name is Robert and i stumbled upon this web site and maybe it will help and maybe not. 2 years ago June 15 2005 i had fell off of a ladder where i worked at and back in Feb of 2007 i started having Seizures, black outs, and real bad head aches, and numbness on my left side and really bad mood swings. I went o a doctor and they did an EEG on me and everything came back normal :clap:. I was told that i have PTSD and that my seizures where Psuedo-Seizures and that i was making them up. I wish i knew what to do i get no sleep i fight and yell at my kids all the time now and it sucks. I have been battling depression, becouse with these problems i was let go from my job and my wife is the only one working right now and its tough the doctors have me off becouse of my seizures and i am not getting any medicene for anything not for the seizures or the pain in my body. Well i have rambled to long now need to go.

Welcome Robert I hope you can find some info here on ptsd it has been a welth of info for me and lots of great people. Good luck and may you find peace

Hi Robert, welcome to the forum. I personally think that if someone told you that you have PTSD from falling off a ladder only, that therapist / physician should be sacked, because you didn't even meet the first two criteria of the diagnosis. Not unusual at all. The seizures I believe whilst in your mind, you certainly cannot makeup, and have nothing to do with PTSD. If you have seizures, then whilst caused from your brain, that does not mean you control them. I would go get a lot of other medical opinions personally.

Was the fall large enough that you nearly died? That could give you PTSD... absolutely. I am thinking ladder, like around the house, maybe at work changing a light bulb or something.... how big was the fall?

Welcome Robert, tell us some more if you will.

I've taken falls myself. At least two that I can remember. Once through our diningroom floor and into the basement and another time from 20ft. up a tree and down.

Also, and for a period of time, I use to have frequent seizures. Took both Dilantin and Tegrotal then. My seizures fluctuated in differing severities and, so sometimes I'd recall something, anything, from just prior to it or perhaps a small piece during it, and I'd blame and shame myself. Fooling myself into the belief that I must have been somewhat responsible, or in control, ect. Needless to say a very frightening time then.

I was diagnosed with epilepsy yrs. ago and the diagnosis followed, by a few yrs., a severe domestic violence incident in which I received many violent assaults to the head. Though I'm confused bc I don't know what ever happened to my epilepsy now, I don't know bc I neither take medicine for it nor seize or convulse. Well, quite honestly I don't yet know enough about epilepsy.

Robert, personally I didn't think you were ramblin, I thought you were communicating and I was hearing. Wouldn't mind at all hearing more from you. You're always invited to share more with us. Your choose.

I'll tell you honestly that I've spent over a decade of time acknowl., seeing and discussing only a piece of the intricate puzzle that has made up my life. The rest I'd forgotten, as well as, at times wrongfully thought, I'd successfully buried for good. Needless to say this hindered and delayed my hope of healing my PTSD.

Again, Welcome Robert, and though I'm inspired to express here a bit, perhaps too much, about me here in your thread, I do so and not with any presumption that you can relate whatsoever, only with risk and possibility and good will; What you've written I've experienced and can understand on one level or another.

Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back