1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Those Horrible Faces - Will They Ever Go Away?

Discussion in 'General' started by ranger2_75, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranger2_75

ranger2_75 Active Member

I continue to have the night mares where I am seeing my self carry out the actions that took place in the millitary were so many people died at my hands. :frown: I cant sleep much any more dont eat cant think and every time I close my eyes I see those danmed faces. I just wish they would leave!I was out side yelling for them to leave, it didnt work. Imagine that!
    :die: How do I get them to go away?
    They are driving me nuckin futs,..eerrr uh somethin like that?:cuckoo:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

So what your trying to say mate... is you'd wish they would just fu*k right off out of your space? :)

Ranger, don't try and treat the symptoms, because it doesn't work. Instead, look at your trauma, because that is the cause of your nightmares. What you need to do, is basically categorize ever traumatic event within your life, prioritise them from worst to least, then hit the biggest thorn in your arse first until such time as you have no more fears from it, no more hurt, no more pain, then you work down the list. Basically though, once you knock out the worst, the rest are a breeze compared to the worst trauma. By the time you finish with the worst anyway, most of what you learnt knock out a whole lot of smaller one's at the same time.

Anything left, you hit them one at a time. Do this, I can tell you that you won't be having nightmares after six months. Your nightmares will stay away for the remainder off your life providing you never keep trauma in again. If you get a new trauma, and don't resolve it, then PTSD will bring up everything and anything in your life that is not totally resolved once again, telling you to face it.

Ranger, there is one way, and one way only for nightmare free nights. When you finished trying all the bandaid solutions, we can help you get through the trauma and resolve this shit once and for all mate.

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Anthony has it right. It sucks a mighty one though doesn't it? No matter which way you go, it seems that it's gonna hurt like hell. I do remember what it was like trying to decide how the hell I'm supposed to get better. I had so much to lose at that point. I could lose my children, husband, my job, not to mention my sanity. I basically knew that if I stayed put, my suffering will continue as they were, but if I moved forward with resolving my trauma, sure it hurts more, but there's an end. It does END. I only get about one or two nightmares a month. And every time I get one, I know I have some work to do yet.

Ranger, we want you to succeed. We want to take all the nightmares away, but we can't. The only person that can take them away is you. We can do our best to support you and light the way, but you need to do the walking. It's going to be a tough road, but it's worth it.