• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Those with cptsd: are you super sensitive to touch?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8714
  • Start date

Those with CPTSD: Are you super sensitive to touch?

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Yes, and it always painful even light touch

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Yes, and sometimes it's painful

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8714

I've been super sensitive to touch all my life. When I first started therapy I saw a body worker and she remarked how she'd had never seen someone as sensitive to touch as me. She pressed downward on my body with very little pressure and I yelped and I just about jumped off the table.

I wonder if this is common with others who have CPTSD?

Same here. At times my friends have thought this was funny, because all they needed to do, is poke me unexpectedly and I would about have a heart attack. They don´t do that anymore. :stop:

I got a massage once, NEVER AGAIN!!! Man, that was so awful. I did it as a favor for a friend, because he was studying to be a person who gives massages for a living (I could not spell the word for that!). He needed to give a certain number of them for him to graduate, and my hubby and I both did this for him. It was one of the more difficult things I have ever lived through.

Now, if I were SUPER sensitive to touch, I would not have been able to tolerate the above, to my way of thinking, so I answered "Sometimes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back