• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Thoughts On Numb Daffodils

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovesFlowers

New Here
I sometimes wonder if daffodils are smarter than me because daffodils follow the light and life wherever it may be found and my life seems to usually bloom only in the dark. It's something I wonder about pretty frequently.

I thought I could feel because I could get angry and sad; I could laugh at funny stuff. But I can't feel the good stuff like love for my friends and the people who care about me. My feelings are locked deep inside me in a place I can't reach yet. I'll find them. I know I will. But it's terribly lonely here in the dark while I look.

What a beautiful post @LovesFlowers. I don't know where you live but our flowers are just starting to peek out from the ground. It is a wonder to watch, especially after a winter like this one. I didn't think they would survive it was so cold out there. But they surprised me even though the odds were so against them. I don't know that a ton of people care about the wonder of my flowers surviving except me, but it doesn't make it any less a miracle.

My daffodils all opened this weekend along with the first really warm weather. Like @shimmerz, it is a wonder.
I'd like to think that sooner rather than later now I will find those things again too. I've missed those feelings
so terribly much. I think that this is the most painful part of the most painful thing I've ever been through.

You may feel lonely but you are not alone.

Thanks for putting it so beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back