• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Threads On U. S. Election Results Will Be Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeylittle

Sponsor
If the thrust of a thread is on the results of the US presidential election - such as, I'm glad he won, I can't believe she lost, I don't know how to cope with who won, the wrong person won, the right person won, no-one should have won - it will be locked.

No matter how hard people tried to make them work, they inevitably turned away from discussion and into un-winnable arguments. Why un-winnable? Each side is very committed to their beliefs, and neither side has demonstrated a particular ability to end up doing anything other than talking into an echo chamber.

I'm a US citizen, and believe strongly that everyone has the right to express any opinion they want and any belief they have. But this is a PTSD board, and it's an international one. I'm aware this decision will be un-popular, but it's what's happening.

Write about it in your diary all you'd like. Talking about it in a thread, as part of a larger context, fine. Starting a thread to specifically discuss the recent election, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back