• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Ticked off at best friend....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip flop

Confident
....she just seems incapable of hearing me and she often interrupts. Well, she is not a therapist, so I should reduce my expectations of her. However, I think she projects and her consistent interruptions and assumptions have me boiling. She just left a message and I don't think I am going to call her back. I am angry about feeling unheard by her. I've listened to her probs and life story for years.
Okay....I do have a therapist I can vent this stuff to. I've just been holding out a bit cuz I have to pay out of pocket. So pissed off at not being heard when I have tried to tell best friend about how frightening some things on the news are to me. That was very important to me, but I really don't think she has the capacity to understand. She just interrupts and glosses over it by saying she watches BBC and relates some story from when she lived in Haight Ashbury.

If she doesn't have the capacity for something, then she just doesn't have it. Can't blame her for that. But I sure as sh-t don't have to return her calls and listen to her blather when I feel like this. :mad:

Just needed to vent. Thks folks.

Gee, I think. Wrote this post one time... My exBFF, was one that I listened to her freaking shit, her marriage, her kids, her business, her life for over 35 yrs. I'm so glad she's pissed at me!!!!! She hasn't spoken to me in months!!! It's been the quietest most lovely few months!!!!

Recently got to the same point with one of my friends. When she ran out of drama to tell me about, she started rehashing old dramas. It felt like she'd made it her personal mission to out-do me. It wasn't just an empathetic ear if I brought up an issue, it was like, "I hear your problem and raise you a worse one".

I took the path of least resistance and stepped back a bit (ok, a lot!) from the relationship so that I didn't end up exploding at her!

Looks like quite a catalog of items for a "best friend" - how did the relationship get this way or...

Yeah. Thanks for the questions and comments. I've been thinking about the relationship, it's history, and why there seems to be this gap of understanding between her and myself. had some new insights about it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back