1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Tie Cutting Therapy - Any Opinions?

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by rob4444, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob4444

rob4444 Active Member

hi..has anyone ever had "tie cutting" hypnotherapy??...i have been thru this weird therapy but im still undecided whether it has helped at all...interested in hearing other patients opinion on its effectiveness...

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

No. What is it?

4. rob4444

rob4444 Active Member

they believe everyone has a higher concious...and we are moulded and influenced by how we are treated by parents and outside influences...it attempts to "cut ties" with parents,attackers etc....you are asked to vision physical ties between you,then destroy them...you even have to kill your parents by ritualistic means,to severe any underlying influences..very freaky and hard to take seriously...you are taken to an astral plane with your higher c.....very hard to swallow,but is believed to be effective in extreme cases...all done under hypnotherapy,even the hypno therapist says its wierd....

5. ryair

ryair Active Member

Tell me, after 'cutting ties' are you then supposed to identify with a 'higher power' in the form of a person? With only the information you have provided, this 'therapy' seems to be a power play in where you are separated from all you know/love (family) so you are made more vunerable to suggestion. This appears very similar to how leaders of cults operate...... just a thought.... and a caution.
    Ryair

6. rob4444

rob4444 Active Member

hi ryair...no you dont identify with a person...from best i can gather its to severe any bad influences from your upbringing?....meeting with hypno tommorrow,ill get him to explain it to me..

7. ryair

ryair Active Member

Rob,
    Please keep us updated, I would like to hear about this....:think:.
    It definately isn't mainstream......
    And I am not very impressed with the idea of killing anyone, symbolically or not, to achieve inner peace. I know of no therapist who would link any PTSD sufferer with thoughts/mind acts of killing.
    As you mentioned in your introduction, you have anger issues and you have also been diagnosed BPD.With that also on the table, I disagree completely with symbolically 'killing' any chosen person. I would be EXTREAMELY cautious with this kind of 'therapy'.
    Just my opinion. Just my thoughts.
    Ryair

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

All therapy has its risks, hypnotherapy is no different.

9. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Tie cutting can free you from psychic connections which can hold you back, control you or harm you. At a treatment session in Leamington Spa, you could find that this alternative therapist can help you to release negative spirit attachments and other lower octave energies. Results are instant and leave you with a powerful feeling of freedom and lightness.

Tie cutting is basically alternative, spiritual healing. Although I could find no mention of "killing off" attackers or abusers in any fashion.

bec

10. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Hey, I am game for anything that works and takes the power out of fear ;)

I am interested to hear more details about it, though I already have my own regimen to deal with this.

11. rob4444

rob4444 Active Member

i had to imagine my mother as a dragon in a lair...chose a weapon..knife,sword,spear etc.....enter cave and kill her....then cut her up and dispose of her by fire????

12. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I can actually understand the sub-conscious actions in this method whilst under hypnotic state. It is a mental projection in which you tell your brain to kill your inner demons, the one's that haunt you most.

Again, like any treatment, some work for some people, not for others. If you can by hypnotised in the first place, that could work for some.... Thanks for sharing this Rob.

13. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

That's kind of creepy but it sounds interesting too... kind of like a mental imagery or something. And if your mother caused you to have PTSD it sounds like it might be cathartic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar