• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Till It Happens To You

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the whole thing. Yes, it did bring back an unwelcome reminder of something awful that happened to me. I was not a college student when it happened though, I was married. Basically the thing that happened to me was something that caused me much trouble and hurt my marriage a lot too. I certainly wish it had never happened. Yes, no one understands how it feels and we only hope it never happens to them or that they find out what it is like.

I was drugged at a bar in London. I had gone alone I was 23. I came to in some guys car and played dead. I kept my right eye open and was able to escape at a red light. Don't ever go to a bar alone and don't let go of your drink. I already knew what rape is. It did happen to me. Many times. Sometimes I hate myself for being vulnerable. I got robbed of a happy life. And lost my soul. You can let your daughters read this. Don't let go of your drink. EVER.

The video does have a trigger warning.
It's a great video @Dragonfly-Dawn. Good, encouraging message. Really impressing! :tup: Thank you for sharing it.

By the way, we don't do trigger warnings on myptsd.com. Not at all. - As no one can " know for sure" what triggers each and every single person. Because what triggers others, may not trigger you at all, and vice versa.

I actually purchased the song because some of the proceeds go to an organization that help people who suffer from sexual assault, so I figured sharing it was good.

Sorry about the trigger warning, the place where I got the video from highly suggested to warn people before they watch it so I didn't want to do anyone an injustice by not warning, but I'll know for next time!

I am so sorry that that happened to you @SheilaKathy and @KwanYingirl. I know it hurts a lot and that we all have our own stories and journeys. I am sending you loving thoughts because I also have been in really bad situations and this song truly speaks to me.

The video warned us of its triggering affects, so I watched it knowing that it would do that to me. You did not do anything wrong. I guess an extra warning about its triggering affects would help, but I believe the video's warning is good enough too. I am not sorry I watched it, it does help me to know that others have suffered the same fate that happened to me. Somehow I don't feel so alone now.

I'm not a Lady Gaga fan either. But important honest message. Seen lives destroyed...

In college I worked for years in different positions in Residence Life at my university from RA - to support staff to a Director who managed 4 large dorms. Residence Life spent much time, and effort, to educate students on rape. Especially date rape drugs. For both women and men.

Saddest were the students that "left" college after being raped.... Such a very sad thing...

I know Residence Life took incidents as "Most Important" (at least my area), but not sure how campus police handled it. Never impressed with them when I was a RA - actually they pissed me off how they handled crisis situations (seems I had much more training than they did in crisis management!)

I came to in some guys car and played dead. I kept my right eye open and was able to escape at a red light.

You are very smart!

Last edited:
I think thats why I liked the song so much, I feel that a lot of people could relate to it despite having different stories. I know my story doesn't stem from college. I also like that it is trying to address the real issues of safety on school campus'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back