• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Time To Say Goodbye??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 'met' some lovely and wonderful people, some with amazing stories, some who have achieved incredible things. However, this has made me realise that my story is so insignificant.
Thinking your story is insignificant is part of this whole garbage associated with trauma and PTSD. No one's story is insignificant; that is why we encourage members to not compare stories.

We do not try to "out trauma" each other. Our story is just that: our story. You may think your story is insignificant compared to others, but someone here on the forum will read it, it will speak to them, and let them know someone has seen a similar situation that they are in, and will be encouraged that somebody understands. And trust me, to that person your story will be highly significant.

Keep walking your journey, and know you don't walk it alone.

Thank you so much everyone, I am just in a very dark place right now and can't seem to think straight or anything. I feel totally overwhelmed by the PTSD and depression, I can't stop crying again and feel so very very fragile at the moment. I keep trying to be happy, cheerful and supportive to all my friends regardless of how I am feeling inside but I just can't do it right now. I just feel so unwell :'(((

I am so sorry you feel that way. Please don't leave the forum.
We are all here together. We all suffer and it really doesn't matter who has gone through what kind of stuff. All stories are different and they are all the same important.
Nobody here would feel better if you leave the forum. We could nly feel even worse because someone kind left when needed support the most.
I understand how you feel.
Please become aware that there are so many of us here who are willing to be your real support.
I also have a great need somebody to understand me and hold me close to themselves.

Sometimes when we need more support than chat offers, it helps to start a thread, just like you did.. You are going to get more responses, more experiences, and more input....
Do what you feel you need to do to take care of yourself.. but if you posted a thread about how you are feeling in general, you will get a ton of support... Chat is limited to how much attention each person gets... that's not wrong, it's just the nature of chat... so take care of yourself, and of course we want you to stay... being alone while feeling the way you do in not good either.. even if you don't want to post, you can read... might surprise you the answers you find here... sending gentle hugs.

I am so sorry for how I am right now, I don't want to be so sad and miserable but I can't help it and just feel the forum would be better off without my constant moaning and wingeing.
The forum has a staff for many reasons - one benefit is that members don't have to worry about this sort of thing. A better question is one step further - why do you assume that others would be better off without having to listen to you? What's your real proof of that? Perhaps, if you investigate the thought, you'll discover that it's actually only you telling yourself that you don't belong.
I wouldn't worry about making people disappear in chat. If people don't like you and go on to other things, they're doing the correct thing to regulate their own exposure to stress, thereby preventing a counterproductive response. If this really concerns you, maybe you would feel better sticking to the forums until you are able to interact with others without taking their actions personally.
This is very sound advice.
Muse and Simply Simon it's not that I feel it would be better for me, far from it, I just thought everyone else might prefer it.
This is not up to you.
Commit to your own, not others', happiness. It will serve you better. We support one another, but we are all here to invest in our own circumstances.
This is the truth, and the thing to remember.

When I feel like I just need to have a good babble somewhere, I go to my trauma diary. I appreciate that there are people who do read and respond to them, but also, that no-one is expected to read it or respond to it. So, it makes things a little less stressful for me, when I'm struggling with those thoughts of self-worth/lack thereof, to write somewhere where really, there is no expectation of response. That could be a thing to consider.

But, also: you should try taking a day away, and see how things are. I notice that members can join and quickly become fully sucked into the world here. Learning how to strike a balance, how to come and go - is part of the process, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back