• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Tired?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1606
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There could even be a "stupid videos" thread for people to watch when they're feeling down.

also, during this time, is it normal for PTSD to get worse before it gets better?

I was able to sleep 13 hrs due to sleep aid, it didn't stop the nightmares but i still feel really crappy...

In the before time, it could easily lead to a spiral down into blackness for me. The pain would be so great that I'd be dead inside and want to cry but be unable to.

Apparently, all the pain I've felt is anxiety, but I don't experience it that way. It's just pure pain. I guess that means I'm in a permanent state of anxiety attacks and never knew it.

In the past - sleeping 14 hours a day, after which I'd get up and 'rest' on the couch and try to do one or two chores before resuming the 'rest' position. Have also had the 'cement suit' experience that Cragger mentioned in his post. Now I'm better, able to do stuff, and just feel like my tiredness is to do with recovery rather than from survival.

BTW love the video clip!

Thank you. I got dinged for putting in that link, which is really f%*king lame. It's a stupid rule. And I didn't even get a warning, which is what Netiquette demands. But whatever.

I get the "OK, I'm gonna get up and work now." "OK, I'm gonna get up now." "OK, I'm really gonna get up now." It's pretty sucky. I just feel more and more useless and guilty and embarrassed.

Two days ago was like that because of the job situation. For today I'm looking (although this is a holiday week.)

Speaking of which, I hope you're doing something fun and not too stressful tomorrow.

Karma,

Sorry to hear your having bad days. Absolutely I find it gets worse when I'm tired which seems to be more often than not. I have permanent anxiety which I can keep from going into an attack most days so I'm not sure if this is what they are referring to for you. I truly hope it gets better for you.

Yes, I strongly agree. In fact, sometimes the only cure for me is to take a nap and try again later.

Thanks for the reassurance.

Hi, TLight.

I think I agree with you. I'm frequently at this site called reddit. Not allowed to link to it, but it's easy to find. The other day, someone posted about his feelings about existential angst and asked if there's any recourse besides distracting himself. I was able to give an immediate answer with authority.

I guess I like being something of an expert on the human mind, so it would be tempting to say my past has been "worth it". But that's easy to say when it's all past tense.

This tiredness has increase over the past few month for me since I start getting in touch with sexual and other abuse issues. Today I felt so weak, so sad, so little. After I got the kids off to school and I ran a couple of miles and did alittle weight lifting. After I got ready for the day I felt very sad and curled up in my bed to just rest briefly. Three hours later I woke up - man where did the day go? This really surprised me. I don't normally sleep so deeply like that, especially during the day.

Today I feel so small, so very small. Do others feel that way at times?

This probably doesn't belong in this thread, but I have to run out now to pick up my son to take him to counseling and gear myself up for homework with my kids, and just wondered if there are others out there that sometimes feel like this too?

I get tired as a way of dissociation.

If I am tired or fatigued its usually due to this or the fact I don't get alot of sleep due to nightmares. I do get periods of un motivation, quite often, and when this happens, I don't want to do anything, not even eat. I think that happens alot to those of us with PTSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back