• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

To Change My Username or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many threads seem to go off topic, especially in the General area of the forum. People do have free will, and will comment on what they feel comfortable with. If you would like this thread to continue along its original lines Herc, perhaps you need to be proactive by making a further contribution to the discussion? Present a point, ask a question? That would be a way to get it back on track, if that is your desire.

I have split these posts from the thread [DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread4972.html[/DLMURL] in order to keep the thread on relevant topic.

RD, I like Ryair's: Sweet Pea. Its amazing what you believe from a name. A person who calls themselves stupid enough times, believes it. This is fact. If you believe your really down, you will be. Simple. If you believe and tell yourself your a strong, motivated, smart and careing individual, you will be what you believe you are. The mind is a little more powerful than what most give it credit.

Absolutely agree Anthony.

Does an athlete tell himself he's going to lose the race just before the starter's pistol fires?

hello all, some great suggestions there...let's keep it going for a few more days (if you feellike making any more suggesstions)and hopefully then i'll come to some kiind of a decision...

Reallyup?
Spirited?
Sunshine?
Ray of Hope?
Anything positive would really be great IMHO. I don't force anything here with what people generally choose, except those silly one's where people spam with their domain name as a username or use their email.... otherwise, its open slather. Its very interesting for me here, as I can usually tell how easy or hard it will be to reach a person simply via their username. Why? Because whether you like it or not, your username is chosen sub-consciously, and that means you name will reflect your own perception of yourself / your interest / your life.

OMG that is hysterical. Portabella is a mushroom and you know what they say about mushrooms.....they are kept in the dark and fed BullS*&^! Or a fungus, just cracks me up.

I like Sweat Pea too.....IMHO

Ok girl, how about your favorite animal?? Or something that makes your heart smile?? Maybe Possum, cause you stay up late at night?? Or dare I suggest something like Rosebud, cause even if you think you have nothing to show but thorns, you are something so beautiful just waiting to bloom???
Ryair xxxxxxxx

I'd pick something random like PickledOnion! lol just cos I like pickled onions. Or Dragon Fruit... cos it is a fruit (i think it is, or a slang name for a fruit that looks like dragon plop!), so its like - bit fruity (cos there's fruit), but a bit feisty (cos there's the dragon)?! LOL dunno if that fits you but if you want it you can take it...

But I do think names are important and it should reflect something important to you, whether it be your personality, something that means something to you, or something that reflects who you are in some way.

HI rd, I really like Claire's idea too!Then you are still RD but just DETERMINED to not let this gift of PTSD keep keeping you down. That is a nice positive one. Just my two cents. ha ha
Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back