• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

To The Vets - Not Being a Snot... Just a Huge Trigger For Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had nine "brothers" that we lost in somalia during the battle of the black sea. i can tell you with no question none were as you descibe your ex thankfully. being that i was asociated with that group, for what it's worth, i'm glad to hear you and your child are safe.

All the men in my family, save one cousin (who actually works for Veteran's Affairs lol) are military, and not one of them was ever abusive to anyone as far as I know. (Other than my father's meltdown of course, but that was very out of character...) They are all gentle and kind. So I agree with what everyone else is saying, the man you were with would probably have been a creep, whether he was military or not. One of my friends was with a guy who extremely active in the peace coalition, very modern and PC apparently, and everyone liked him. However, now he's in jail for raping a 10 year old girl. And he used to beat up my friend too. So you never know, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back