1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Today was a Good Day, Finally

Discussion in 'Social' started by Grama-Herc, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

OH the stress relief I got today is almost beyond words! I have to help my mom climb the stairs in our new townhouse and every time we are done I NEED AN EXTRA PILL!!!!!

Well, today we found a family that needed to sell an electric stair climber. There is not a big market for an item like that around this complex. I saw their notice on the bulletin board and within the hour mom had agreed to purchase the thing. Now she can just sit down in the attached chair, push a button and zip--up she goes.

I can not put into words what a relief this is for me. I have nightmares about mom and the stairs and her falling. She is a polio survivor and can barely walk. Our united attempt when she needed to go upstairs was a real source of anxiety for me.

Now there is no worry or danger!!!!! I could simply scream it feels so good to know that she will now be safe climbing the staris and SO WILL I. I would climb behind her in case she fell---like I could have actually stpped a fall. The only thing I would have done if she fell was to fall too!! AUGH!! Take 1 real big deep breath and relax.

Anyway guys, thanks for listening, cuz this sure feels good to have this stress off my shoulders

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Herc,

I'm glad that you had a good day. What a relief that your mom now has, not only the safety of the chair, but it must give her a sense of independence too. Good job....