1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Today Was Ok, I Guess - Lost For Words

Discussion in 'Social' started by Rob T., Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob T.

Rob T. Active Member

Not much happened today. I had the day off, I fed my roomates' cats, I cleaned the house, I went to Mcdonald's. I coudn't get my friend on the phone. That made me feel sad and lonely for a long time. That just stinks. I keep getting egocentric when I go out to restaurants or out in public. Does that usually happen with PTSD? People had been violent in the past. Night and being alone can bug me- I keep feeling that someone might creep up and start hitting me. Well that really made me feel sad. I guess that's one positive thing about Post Traumatic stress disorder, my fear won't let me have boring days. [sacrasm]. I guess I'll take it "one day at a time" as the sign on my ziggy doll says.

I hope all of you are doing Fine,

Rob S.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Welcome to the forum Rob. You sound pretty normal to me... for PTSD I mean. I have trouble with going out in public. I worry about people carrying weapons. I used to visually check people for weapons all the time. And I'm afraid to be by myself at night.

I think you have a really good attitude, taking it one day at a time. Thinking about the rest of your life all at once, and how to solve all your problems, can be pretty overwhelming, for me anyways. Again, welcome to the forum, glad you joined. :)

4. Rob T.

Rob T. Active Member

Thanks, batgirl. :)

It really makes me feel better that people share the same type of experiences and feelings [of PTSD] that I experience. I really appreciate your replying to my post, It really encourages me. It makes me feel good that other people can relate to my PTSD experience and believe that I am doing ok. Thank You, I really appreciate It.

Have a Good Day, Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar