1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Told Dr About Forum- Got Good Response

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh77, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

I told my psychaitrist about this forum, and i received a very positive response!! He actually wrote down the URL (i guess to suggest it to other patients with PTSD). He also thinks that this forum, along with therapy with him, and taking my meds:pills: make up the correct path to healing. Everyone here AND my psychiatrist have helped me come up with ways of coping with my symptoms and to start to heal!! i have a psychiatrist who believes that i am an important part of my therapy (instead of some docs who just prescribe meds and promise miracles), he listens to what i have to say and includes my input about my treatment (Tx). i am very happy about the response and guidance that i received from my doc... and the support and guidance from everyone on this forum!!
    Everybody have a blessed day!!

Josh

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

"I am an important part of my therapy." -Josh

You have a blessed day too, will ya'! Sounds like you have yourself a good doc. Josh hope you don't mind me adding that title, it's just that I read it, you said it.

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Josh, I had a similar response for my therapist.
    She wrote down the books I was reading and the url of this website. She claimed that I was doing something right... Isn't it awesome to not only have support at the office, but support right here at home?

Hang on to that doc. You've got a gem.

Blessed day to you, Josh!

Nam

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Josh, good stuff mate, you have one of the few psychiatrists within the field that still give a crap about their patients. Well done, and good choice.

6. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Good deal Josh. Anthony........ You Rock

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Shit you have got to be kidding me LOL. A shrink who gets involved and what you think counts, yes, hold on to that one. My only experience is what coctail can we serve you this time???

After my move I am going to be grilling mine to make sure I have one who wants me to actively heal instead of supress, supress, supress... She told me to stay away from the net!

My other doc who did the CBT liked I was involved here when I told him, he was very much into me actively healing (hard having to see 2 docs who don't agree) I did not tell him I moderated though. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

But like on here I did with my docs' advice... It is all advice, take what is useful to me and leave the rest. Sounds like one to hang on to, still in shock a shrink like that!

8. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hehe, I haven't told anyone I mod here either... Must be some weird secret we keep eh? I can't count my docs, since they are all idiots who think having panic attacks, flashbacks etc.. are normal coping skills that don't need to change...

Bec

P.S. Can I have your Pysch too Josh? :smile:

9. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

i wrote that sentence("i am an important part of my therapy"), and now that you guys have rewrote it, it kind of REALLY sunk in deeper. i used to depend solely on the doctors and the pills... i didn't ever do my part because i never knew that i had a part in my therapy until i met this doctor that i have now and found this forum. That really is an important statement!! I am an important part of my therapy!! Thanks everyone for the feedback!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar