• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Too many ups and downs today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushy

Learning
Today has been exhausting and the day isn't over yet. I've been going to feeling good and balanced to real low and depressed. Thanks to folks here I've been given some new grounding techniques but even they are becoming hard to do. I know I will win this fight because I have to, but damn what I wouldn't give for a hug right now.

You know what, you're right. I am kind of all over the place. When I feel overwhelmed I tend to grasp widly for any solid ground I can find. I'll do that...just focus on one.
Thank you for the hug :) It wasn't taken lightly.

<grins> Sounds whichever you can do that tactile might be a good start.

Since you mentioned needing a hug for grounding, so sounds touch & comfort / soft & firm & sensual might do a thing. :sneaky:

Sending some heart hugs your way. It might sound silly, but are there any trees close by you can go hug? Be sure to watch for poison ivy vines, critters you'd rather not hang with, and make sure they aren't sprayed with pesticides and stuff.

Here's one of my favorite breathing exercises to practice daily:
Rhythmic Stress Relief: Stopwatch Tap Technique with Jim Donovan

May your spirits be lifted and your thoughts feel kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back