1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Totally O/T, Mustache Issue

Discussion in 'Social' started by Portabella, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Okay, so I am not a vain woman by no means. But....I have this white peach fuzz thing going on on my upper lip. You cannot see it cause its ultra blonde/white and when its winter and I am white, no problem. I happen to be dark tan at this time and it shows horrible. My son is picking on me bad. I hate to wax cause then I will have to forever. But.....I want opinions, is this gross or what? Should I give in and wax? I really want advise as he is making me self conscious, it has never bothered me before.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Port, I am covered in white peach fuzz. Not kidding, head to toe. To be honest, not only do I not notice, I also don't care. If someone else has an issue with it, they just shouldn't look.

My suggestion is, do what makes YOU comfortable and ignore everything else said. And give your son a smack upside the head for being so mean.

bec

4. ryair

ryair Active Member

Oh Port!!
    Kids are horrid when it comes to making their mums feel bad!! My daughter saw my belly rolling out of my jeans a couple of months ago as i was squatting down patting the dog, and said "Oh yuck mum!! You're getting fat, that looks so gross!!". I was horrified and felt like crap!! I knew i had put on a few kilos, but jeeze, I didn't realize I was now beeping when I backed up, or had to carry a WIDE LOAD sign!!!! So I went overboard.... told her i wasnt going to eat anymore and think of the money we would save... sorry I couldnt pick her up from school anymore, but i would hate to embarass her....would she like mummy to buy her earplugs so the constant Beeping around me wouldnt disturb her anymore???
    Needless to say, I think she will think before she speaks next time!!!!
    Oh and just to let you know.... I am 5'5 and weigh 54 kilos and personally, Im just glad my boobs have come back!!
    Kids Suck!!!!!
    Be the best mum you can..... And nag the child to death!!!!
    You are beautiful just the way you are Port!!!

5. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

I must agree with Bec and ryair. Should you personally feel you would look better without the mustache, if it would make you feel more happy with yourself, then remove it. But if you are simply feeling badly because of your son's or other's words, then leave the mustache where it is. Young people can be cruel and superficial. I say give your son some extra chores round the house, see if he still feels like criticizing your appearance after that!

6. 2quilt

2quilt I'm a VIP

mustache

I shave mine every other day. 43 year old female. Oh well, that's just the way it is.

7. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Portabella,

I think whatever makes you happy is ok. If you want to keep it fine, shave it fine, or wax it, is OK.....

Just remember one thing.....Pay back eventually comes to our kids, and we usually don't have to do or say anything. It just happens. Your son may have a really important date with a hot girl someday, and wake up with a huge ZIT on the end of his nose.......LOL!!!!!! Just smile and remember when he made fun of you, then walk away.....Payback is so SWEET!!!!!

Wendy

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Why not just IPL? That removes it forever...

9. Nicolette

Nicolette ♡ Supporter Admin ♡ Supporter Admin Sponsor $100+

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Portabella and everyone has differing views on beauty. That's why were are all different.

I go with making decisions based on how you feel and not someone else's opinion. Hope that helps.

10. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

What is IPL? I am very hesitant to remove it and definately wont shave it as the hair will then grow in courser and darker, not my cup of tea.

I would consider waxing, but once you start, wont I have to constantly wax? Does anyone know about this. I know it will come in like fuzz if waxed, but will it come in darker. I am lazy and don't want to have to do it in the winter. This is so dumb, I have had white fuzz there since a kid, grrrrr......

11. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

That is the case with waxing, bad move. IPL is "Intensive Pulsing Laser" or something like that, which easily is laser removal. Once gone, it is gone. You may get one or two hairs over the years come back, which you simply go and get lasered if they do. Quick, easy, permanent.

12. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

I use cream hair remover, put it on, wipe it off later.just read the instructions.there are a alot of different kinds to use. I find it works well.

13. Nicolette

Nicolette ♡ Supporter Admin ♡ Supporter Admin Sponsor $100+

What Anthony is reffering to is CPL - Controlled Pulsed Light and it is the latest technology in permanent, painless hair removal. The treatment works by emitting light through the skin resulting in destruction of the hair follicle therefore disabling further hair growth.

While this sounds great it is not cheap - for a lip in Australia it is $90 remembering that hair grows in cycles meaning you would have to have 4 to 8 treatments to get all of the hairs (that is what the consultant told me). If you can afford it and you don't react (you have to have a test in an inconspicious area first to see if your body is ok with it) it is a great process to undertake to solve a hair issue.